Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

can cats get diseases off dogs ?

Discussion in 'Cat Health and Nutrition' started by FEJA JUODAS, May 21, 2010.

1. FEJA JUODAS

FEJA JUODAS Banned

my kitten...well my neighbours actually who spends half his time with me...is unvaccinated 7 months old.

my pup...is vaccinated and plays with it of course. but my pup goes OUT a great deal.

could this kitten catch anything from my pup ?

if you want to SEE this kitten...i have pictures of it on my website..

Chat,Chien,Pitbull - FÉE NOIRE, FÉJA JUODAS,Black Fairy, BERGER BELGE,GROENENDAEL,FÉE NOIRE de LA VALLÉE DES SORTILÈGES dite FÉJA JUODAS

Vet. Beauzelle - FÉE NOIRE, FÉJA JUODAS,Black Fairy, BERGER BELGE,GROENENDAEL,FÉE NOIRE de LA VALLÉE DES SORTILÈGES dite FÉJA JUODAS

[​IMG]

2. havoc

havoc PetForums VIP

Bordetella is an obvious one that comes to mind. Unlikely to be a threat unless the pup mixes with other dogs though.

3. billyboysmammy

billyboysmammy PetForums VIP

there are a number of parasitic diseases ringworm, mange, intestinal worms being just a few.

bordatella (kennel cough) can be transmitted as can a number of other bacterial diseases.

very broadly speaking if its a skin disease, parasitic or bacterial then they can be transmitted.

Most vaccinatable diseases are unique to their host species. Dogs cant catch feline leukemia, for feline distemper... and cats cant catch canine distemper etc.

4. Merlin Birmingham

Merlin Birmingham PetForums Senior

Sorry to hijack this thread but is it also possible for cats and dogs to catch things of humans, such as common colds, flu etc etc

5. billyboysmammy

billyboysmammy PetForums VIP

there are very few zoonoses (diseases that can transmit from cat to human or vice versa), the common cold is not one of them :)

6. FEJA JUODAS

FEJA JUODAS Banned

ok thx...i am at vet this morning to get a lyme disease vaccin for pup...so ? i will get some cat worming tablets there...i read those seem the most common...and my pup does mix with other dogs when out...so ktten can be quietly given some...sigh...MUST speak to his owners in fact before i do that...in CASE they do give him worming tablets.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice