UK Pet Forums Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4,735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I use dry food just as a bit of a topper on Tilly's wet, just a dozen or so pieces with each meal, plus if she comes for food between meals I will give her a couple of dozen pieces in a dish.

I've been using Burns Chicken and Brown Rice for Cats, which is about the limit of my budget (about £7.50ish for 2kg) but remember someone saying it's not so good because of the rice content.

It's not a major part of her diet and she doesn't have very much, and I don't want to go down the Go-Cat or Munchies route, so can anyone suggest a better dry food for roughly the same price as the Burns.

·
Registered
4,735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
For that price you aren't going to get anything decent I'm afraid.

If you must feed dried, then you need a quality grain free... Applaws, Orijen, Acana but all these are more expensive.

Pets at home sometimes have applaws dried on offer for around £10 for 2kg.

Why do you feel the need to add a few bits? Tilly would be fine with just wet.
Just because she likes it really. I changed her over to a better wet food a while ago and she happily accepted the new wet. But because she was used to some dry being added to her old wet she sort of looked as though to say "And where's the rest" :lol:. I know she doesn't need it but as she's so used to it, and it really is just a small amount, I don't want to deprive her of a little treat. She's 10 now and it would seem a shame not to let her have her treat.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.