Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Can anyone recommend??

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by puppymadness, Mar 25, 2021.

1. puppymadness

puppymadness PetForums Senior

Hi guys hope all well. In our dining room (front room) we have a big window with windowsill. Luna loves to spend the day lounging in the window watching the world go by. She has her own chair in that room and her own sofa in front of the window but prefers the sill for being nosey! I have noticed today she has a dry red patch of skin on her front elbow (pressuming the beginning of pressure damage? From being on the windowsill).

Firstly I don't really want to take her to the vets (obviously I will if needed) but wondering if anyone can recommend anything to put on the skin.
    Secondly can anyone recommend something to go on the windowsill, it's just wood and not sure if we just bought a mat or big cushion it would slide off? Wouldn't want her to slip.
    Inclosed a pic of windowsill, thank you Screenshot_20210325-122318_Photos.jpg

2. Blitz

Blitz PetForums VIP

you could nail on a bit of carpet, that might do the trick. On the windowsill, not the dog! Something like sudocreme would be good for the dog.

Lurcherlad likes this.
  3. puppymadness

That's a good idea thank you all I could think of was glue! I'm worried she might lick it off...think the place where it is would be tricky but she is food obsessed so probably would try :Banghead

Blitz likes this.
  4. lullabydream

lullabydream PetForums VIP

Coconut oil?

Look to see if a seamstress will make a window cushion or something. I could ask my friend but it wouldn't be cheap. I don't know how much wadding she has. Looks a big window. Couldn't you fit a bed on it?

5. lullabydream

You can get that no slip rubber stuff that's pretty cheap and good

6. puppymadness

I'm just worried that unless it's fixed it will move especially when she jumps up to bark at the neighborhood cat lol
    Thank you I have coconut oil will try :)

7. bunnygeek

bunnygeek PetForums VIP

You could use some vet bed (better than carpet, less abrasive) and some sticky velcro pads sewn to the vet bed and stuck to the windowsill. FYI you may need to repaint as it will probably damage paintwork when the sticky bits are removed.

Torin. likes this.
  8. puppymadness

Oh that's a good idea thank you. I don't mind about the paintwork, she loves lying in there and would hate to have to stop her of I can find a solution thank you :)

9. Torin.

Torin. PetForums VIP

Cad has pokey elbows. I use a bit of vetbed (folded in half for Mr Sensitive).

Lurcherlad and puppymadness like this.
  10. Siskin

Siskin Look into my eyes....

Double sided carpet tape would be something you could use if you don’t want to glue it to the sill.

Burrowzig likes this.
  11. puppymadness

Thank you will have a look :)

12. Twiggy

Twiggy PetForums VIP

One of my collies suffered from a pressure sore. You can buy special cream (if I recall it's called something like 'elbow butter' - very messy) but I found the only product that worked for my bitch was Leucillin. With regard to the windowsill - what about a piece of non-slip vetbed?

puppymadness likes this.
  13. lullabydream

I have vet bedding with grippy bits underneath.

puppymadness likes this.
  14. Teddy-dog

Teddy-dog PetForums VIP

Sudocreme I use for everything :Hilarious:Hilarious

Teddy also likes to lie on our windowsill. We just have a blanket at the moment but are thinking of converting it into a proper window seat. All for the dog :Hilarious

Lurcherlad and puppymadness like this.
  15. 3dogs2cats

3dogs2cats PetForums VIP

I pass a house where the dog likes to lie on the windowsill. It`s a bay window so fairly large, the dog is a pug beagle X, first of all he was just lying basking in the sun on the wooden sill, within a few weeks a blanket had been placed on the sill. Blanket was upgraded to what looked like a duvet, duvet disappeared to be replaced with a doughnut dog bed. Obviously this was still not good enough for his highness as his sill has now been adorned with big thick sheepskin like throw and cushions, he looks very cosy so guessing this set up is more to his liking! :D

16. puppymadness

Downstairs she has her bed, 3 sofas and 2 armchairs to chose from but that's her favourite spot think it's because she can see world. Just want it to be comfy for her :Dummy1

17. Nicola234

Nicola234 PetForums Senior

You can get lengths of Velcro with sticky tape on the back and just cut to size that should hold a dog bed or vet bed in place

18. puppymadness

Thank you will have a look :)

Nicola234 likes this.
  19. MontyMaude

MontyMaude PetForums VIP

Mum2Ozzy and puppymadness like this.
  20. Teddy-dog

Teddy-dog PetForums VIP

haha! Teddy doesn’t like it if we put a bed on there but he loves a blanket. He had a cushion for his head too now

4F635212-091A-458E-B29C-9F3684569325.jpeg

MontyMaude and puppymadness like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice