Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Can anyone offer Guidance?

Discussion in 'Dog Rescue and Adoption' started by flightyflora, Sep 23, 2013.

1. flightyflora

flightyflora PetForums Newbie

Ive always had rescue dogs in the past, they have been taken from kennels that particularly had strays with no history to them and you started day 1 without knowledge of the dog.

Yesterday I collected a dog from an animal shelter who advertise their dogs are microchipped, neutered, vaccinated, flea treated and wormed. The dog I chose was an older fella, I could tell from his teeth and his grey jowles. They suggested he was a street dog rescued from an eu country

The passport I received, along with the complimentary dog insurance seemed to indicate my dog was 3 years old. When I was settling him down last night I also noticed he has testicles. Today he has been scratching and biting himself, possible fleas?

I have booked him in to the vets to get him the once over, where I intend to buy some flea treatment etc, but I am heavily concerned the papers I have been given do not relate to him and Im really worried about it.

If he's not been neutered, then it brings into question everything else they have told me about him.

Can anyone offer any advice?

Thanks
    Fi

2. K9Rescue

K9Rescue PetForums Junior

As an EU dog rescue, I can say that the papers are highly likely legitimate, as they are very thoroughly checked at border control, and the microchip scanned. What has probably happened is that the advert was drafted by someone not familiar with the dog, and getting particulars of other dogs muddled up, as this can happen when several dogs are coming in from RO or wherever all at the same time.

I know most of the importers, so if you are still worried, I can happily follow up for you, please just message me.

Michelle x

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice