Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Can anyone help?

Discussion in 'Rodents' started by Akai-Chan, Aug 20, 2009.

1. Akai-Chan

Akai-Chan Banned

Due to personal reasons I find myself needing to rehome all of my animals. 10 of my rats and my multis already have homes with various family members and will be coming back to me when this has blown over, however I have 6 rats and a hamster who need to be rehomed.permenantly.

The hammy is a male syrian, very pretty boy and really friendly.loves his cuddles, exploring and being handled.

The 4 old girl rats are very sweet and friendly, however they are >2years old so I cannot guarantee how long they would be with you. 4 of the 8 i originally got have died so I honeslty cannot say how long these ladies would survive.

I have 2 male husky dumbos to rehome also (They are NOT housed together). One is 8 months and one is about a year and a half. Both sweet friendly boys with cracking personalities.

I'm afraid I cannot provide cages with them as many of my cages are borrowed or will be going with the other rats.

I am really upset about having to do this, however my own lack of foresight has forced me to. I want them to go to forever homes, not to people who want to breed them/use them for reptile food.

All of these are free to good homes.

Can anyone help?

Peace
    Akai-Chan

[EDIT] Aaaaaand I've posted in entirely the wrong section >_<

#1 Akai-Chan, Aug 20, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 20, 2009
  2. Midnight

Midnight PetForums VIP

AAAwwwww sorry to hear that :( what about your Degus ? have you rehomed them ? x

3. Akai-Chan

Akai-Chan Banned

My degus were rehomed permenantly with my brother quite a while back so I don;t need to worry about them :) He's also take 6 of my rats bless him.

Peace
    Akai-Chan

4. u-look-like-a-hamster

u-look-like-a-hamster PetForums VIP

I'll have to ask about the hamster and maybe the old rats

Im sure i'll manage

5. thedogsmother

thedogsmother PetForums VIP

I would have to work on my oh but I might be able to take the hamster, what sort of timescale are you talking about? would you be able to deliver him cos I don't do motorways? Oops just realised where you live, its miles away.

6. Akai-Chan

Akai-Chan Banned

Timescale is 2 weeks at the absolute maximum. Afterthat I'll probably have to take the old girls to be PTS if no-one wants them as my only other option is to sell them as snake food, And no to that idea.

Peace
    Akai-Chan

7. srhdufe

srhdufe PetForums VIP

:crying: i hope you dont have to do that :(

I have the same problem :rolleyes:

8. Indie

Indie PetForums VIP

Sorry to here this. Unfortunatly i'm at my limit otherwise i would help. Still have 5 babes ourselves pmsl so no room at the inn good luck Lisa xx

9. srhdufe

srhdufe PetForums VIP

If i could help with the ham i would.. hmmm... i feel a roadtrip coming on...

10. u-look-like-a-hamster

u-look-like-a-hamster PetForums VIP

I am having the hamster.

And possibly fatrat

Mum is warming to the idea
    !!!

11. srhdufe

srhdufe PetForums VIP

haha ok ULLAH :D

12. Gracieee!

Gracieee! PetForums Member

Awww damn. Sorry to here this I really would help if I had the space and time. And a huge phobia of rats ....... :S Sorry...
    xxx

:(

13. ....zoe....

....zoe.... PetForums VIP

omg im sooooo sorry to hear this, hope everything is ok.

if we had our garage sorted out which is the plan for the near future then i prob could have taken something (whether hammie or rats) but sadly just aint got the room for the moment.

i hope you find some good homes hun
    cant you find a boarding place for them ???

14. Akai-Chan

Akai-Chan Banned

A friend has taken boyrat, ULLAH is taking Hammy and possibly fatrat so I need to find homes for the 4 girls. I doubt a boarding place will take them as they are so old plus I have no idea how long they'd have to keep them. I'd rather they went to a lobing home to live out their days tbh.

Peace
    Akai-Chan

15. ....zoe....

....zoe.... PetForums VIP

yeh i understand that, what about your bf ?? or your parents ?

16. Akai-Chan

Akai-Chan Banned

Parents and brother are taking 20 of my rats and my multis... Boyfriend is also not allowed pets but 3 girls is a lot easier to hide than 7 girls and 2 boys :(

If no-one has rehomed them in 3 weeks, Sassysas has directed me to somewhere I can take them :)

Peace
    Akai-CHan

17. bexy1989

bexy1989 PetForums VIP

oh red im so sorry :(

if i had the space, money, time...and mum and the boyfriend didn't hate rats i'd have the older ones :(

i hope you find somewhere for them

xxxx

18. kelseye

kelseye Banned

so what is the real reason you are getting rid? cuz if i was in your shoes and they were mine then i would not get rid of them as being rats they dont live long as it is and its a bit crule to pass the old ones on as the stress of the move could proble top them off .

it realy pisses me when people have pets then have to give them up.they should think about this before getting them.!!!!!!!!!

19. bexy1989

bexy1989 PetForums VIP

i think that is abit harsh if im honest. Red doesn't have to state the reason as it may be personal. She does alot for the animals she has and it would have to be really serious for her to have to rehome them

20. Akai-Chan

Akai-Chan Banned

The real reason is that my landlord, who said it was fine for me to keep pets at the beginning of my tenancy, has changed his mind and if I don't get rid of them I will be homeless in 2 weeks.

Everyone on here knows how much I love my animals and how hard this is for me, so please keep your nose out of my personal business unless you are offering to help. You do not know anything about me or my animals.

Peace
    Akai-Chan

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice