Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Can anyone help or give me any advice regarding Feral/Tom Cats?

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by bevjackruby, Jun 3, 2010.

1. bevjackruby

bevjackruby PetForums Newbie

Hello Everyone

I have a problem regarding Feral/Tom Cats coming into our Garden!

I have lived here for 2 years and it's only been the last few weeks weve had 6 Feral Cats keep coming back and fourth to the Garden!

I have a Female Cat called Jessie who is 3 years old. She had the chop as soon as she was able to!

I am at my wits end! I have rung the RSPCA, PDSA, Cats Protection and they do not seem to want to help unless they are injured?

I have 2 children who love playing in the Garden and I'm also Pregnant!

These Cats are becoming a problem! They are pooping on the grass, plants, spraying on my Daughters Little Tkes House, spraying on the main front door and back door?

And I really honestly do not know why they have all of a sudden started coming to our Garden and why they are spraying everywhere?

I just want to say I am not feeding them!

Can anyone help? Or give me any advice?

I have thought about buying a Cat Trap? Will this work?

Kind Regards

Beverley

2. flufffluff39

flufffluff39 PetForums VIP

I have taken 2 tom cats in over the last ten years. They were both strays!! I find that citrus is a good deterent. I bought an essential oil called citrunella and you dilute it as instructed and spray it where you see the cats hanging about the most. My cat hates the smell of it but I use it as an insect/flea deterent too. DO NOT SPRAY ONTO ANIMALS!!! AS ESSENTIAL OILS CAN BE POISONOUS!!! I use it on soft furnishing and such diluted as instructed!!!

3. Aurelia

Aurelia PetForums VIP

Do you happen to own a dog, or know someone close to you who does? Dog poo scattered all around the boundary of your garden (in hedges preferably if you have them). So long as it's relatively fresh, maybe top up once every couple/few weeks, it will work.

We live rurally and it is the only thing we found to be effective from the many ferals hanging around. Luckily we have a dog, and she provides plenty of fresh stuff :lol: Does the hedges the world of good too mind!

I have heard Lion poo can work as well in the same way. People have to remeber it needs to be topped up regularly though. I think you can buy it at garden centres.

4. PurpleCrow

PurpleCrow PetForums VIP

You can buy lion poo???

5. billyboysmammy

billyboysmammy PetForums VIP

hehe yep!

google it :D

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice