Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Can anyone help me wiht my horse?

Discussion in 'Horse Riding and Training' started by chrissylee, Aug 10, 2009.

1. chrissylee

chrissylee PetForums Newbie

Hi, my name is Christine, and I would like some help with my horse.

He's really stiff and doesn't really like to leg yeild or even do some basic shoulder in.

If anyone could help me that would be great. there is a video of him on a site called www.the-horse-stables.com/video1.php the owner of the site is helping out by allowing me to put my video on there.

2. toddy

toddy PetForums Senior

Your horse is very handsome but I felt he is lacking impulsion and not really working through from behind and is resisting the hand a fair bit.
    If he was mine I would do some lunge work in a chambon to get him working long and low to get him more supple through the back which in turn will help him with the stiffness in leg yielding and shoulder in.

3. welshcoblady1

welshcoblady1 PetForums Newbie

Hello with respect you are doing a lot of seat driving and this has put you sitting on the back of your bottom and it has tipped your pelvic so that your seat is behind your whole lower leg this can have a slowing down affect on your horse as it feels like you are behind his movement.

He is not tracking up and he is pulling him self along with his front end, he loses his balance from time to time.

It just may be worth having his pelvic looked at as he appears unable to come through and he is a little weak through his back end.

There is a test you can do pop a bridle on him and ask him to turn tightly to the inside to do a full turn
    holding him from the ground when ask to turn he should cross the leg on the inside over the front of the outside leg to make the turn if he can not cross the inside leg over but pivots on the inside leg to turn he may have back/pelvic problem try this both sides.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice