Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Can anyone help companion dog needed.

Discussion in 'Dog Rescue and Adoption' started by danniehowens, May 25, 2010.

1. danniehowens

danniehowens PetForums Junior

I lost my dog a few weeks back and I am missing him despertly but our female staffie Stella is really missing him, she is a very loving dog who thinks everyone is a friend and yet she is getting down that she has no companion.
    we are looking for a smaller dog who is young as we have ferrets and cats woukld love a jack russle terrier type or yorkie who would love to come on plenty of canal walks. we live in Runcorn so lots of walking places.

2. the melster

the melster PetForums Senior

I can't really help but I don't think it's a good idea to put a terrier with ferrets as they are bred to chase small fluffy things but I'm sure someone will be along who can help more.

3. momentofmadness

momentofmadness PetForums VIP

Have you tried Cheshire dogs home.. They have all types of dogs and you can take yours to see how they get on... Re terriers... You may find no matter if it is a pup.. later on it still may chase your ferrets..
    If you go Cheshire dogs home Im sure they will gladly try and help you find a suitable doggie...

4. danniehowens

I know they usually do chase small things but as it is we have had jack russels and ex racing greyhound around are ferrets and neither have been bothered and our staffie loves them if they get out she herds them up and lets us know. It all depends on the individual dog as any breed can be funny with small furry things. Our staffie did not like cats to the point she'd eat them, we now own 2 rescue cats who she loves and she plays with the boy cat. Its amazing and funny to watch. Patience and training is good and I am good with working with animals.
    I can just hope that the right dog finds us now.:)

5. danniehowens

My mum is so fed up of people offrering a dog then letting me down last min, she has decided she's going to get me a puppy next month so no help required now, I am a bit put off trusting so called helpers.
    Its cruel playing games with peoples emotions.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice