Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

can anyone help a friend

Discussion in 'Dog Health and Nutrition' started by crazy diamond, Feb 2, 2008.

1. crazy diamond

crazy diamond PetForums Newbie

hi my friend owns a staffy. about a month ago he started scratching and rubbing one side of his face. he rubbed some skin away and initially thought he had an ear infection cos thats where he was rubbing. took him to vet and they said he had skin infection and gave him antibiotics. he seemed to be gettin better but he woke this morning and was very worried. the muscle on the top of his head and his bone under the eye have sort of dropped. only on that side of his head.when hes chewing only one muscle is workin on the top of his head, if u no wot i mean. no vets till monday can any1 give me some idea of what this could be pls???? he is 9 years okd. Thanku

2. Debbie

Debbie PetForums VIP

The vet is the best place for this information - we can only speculate without seeing the dog ourselves....
    But the first thing that came into my mind was Bells Palsy.......it does occur in dogs - it maybe the cause but like I have said this is only my view with the info you have told me :)
    Please let us know how the vet visit goes - and tell your friend good luck :)

3. Vixie

Vixie PetForums VIP

most vets have an emergency service, perhaps your friend could find one local to him/her they are usually open on a sunday also,

as Debbie said please let us know how it all goes, :)

4. crazy diamond

crazy diamond PetForums Newbie

thankyou very much and i will let you know. xx

5. Dennyboy

Dennyboy PetForums Member

Also get them to have a look at his teeth at the back.

Hope he's ok.

Mel

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice