Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Can anyone give me the lowdown on TICA? Disillusioned with gccf.

Discussion in 'Cats Shows and Events' started by Linda galloway, Jun 26, 2017.

1. Linda galloway

Linda galloway PetForums Junior

hi,

I was wondering if anyone shows with TICA? I show with the gccf but I'm becoming quite disillusioned as I keep seeing competitors chatting away to stewards and judges like old friends and knowing results before anything is announced..... I was going to see if TICA was any better but I have no idea where to begin! Can anyone give a complete clueless person the lowdown on how a TICA show works (there aren't any schedules online, where are they?!)

Thanks in advance

2. QOTN

QOTN PetForums VIP

I know nothing about TICA shows but I must admit I was dubious about their setup ever since somebody told me years ago she had to re-register her fawn tortie as a tabby to be able to show her simply because she had tabby markings. She could not be a tabby since she had no tabby parent.

I would just like to say that appearances can be deceptive. Yes it is wrong for exhibitors to approach judges before they have finished judging and you should keep details of this unless they are simply saying hallo and passing the time of day.

There are ways somebody might know a result before it is posted.The table workers will know some of them and, as far as I know, there is no rule about them not knowing the identity of a cat being shown or the person posting the results might be waylaid on the way to the board. Surely you would not object to that. If I were working on our stall and exhibiting at the same time (I don't!) I might ask the person holding those little strips of paper to let me know to prevent me having to find somebody to mind the stall.

If you are sure the judge or steward is at fault, please do not leave the GCCF. You should report it to your club. Believe me we take these things seriously. In our section there have been complaints about a steward who is seen in the hall before judging talking to exhibitors. Action is taken if people break rules.

3. Rufus15

Rufus15 Banned

I have to agree with the above. I would further add that after a while, one cat blends into another (at least that what's it's felt like for me with stewarding), and even though I am very familiar with some very specific cats, I didn't clock who they were whilst I was stewarding - there was more focus on getting the cat in and out of the pen. I've had judges who know me well and who are on my friends list not recognise my cat at a show despite me posting daily pics. He is a black smoke too so not easily missed!

Every registry has their faults but I think GCCF is much more anonymous that either TICA or FIFe, as in them the judges see you walk up with your cat!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice