Can an admin (moderator) help me, please?

Discussion in 'Forum Help and Suggestions' started by kitty123!, Dec 9, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kitty123!

kitty123! PetForums Junior

I posted two threads. One of them I cant edit, it says: "Not open for further replies." I want to delete both, especially the one called: "Cat returned home with a different fur pattern..." I can't edit it, and I want it deleted, just like all of them. Please help, I love this forum, but I want to delete those threads...

2. Mirandashell

Mirandashell Banned

The best way is to report this post to a mod. They will see it a lot quicker then. And your conversation with them will be private.

3. kitty123!

I did it. Thanks for the reply I really appreciate it.:)

4. Mirandashell

Mirandashell Banned

You're welcome.

5. LinznMilly

LinznMilly Submissive Servant to My Lord and Lady Mutts
    Staff Member

The thread entitled "Help" had been deleted.

Why do you want the locked thread deleted?

6. Lurcherlad

Lurcherlad PetForums VIP

Because OP doesn't like the responses her thread provoked.

7. kitty123!

Well, a little bit. I also said where I'm from, so i discovered my personal info.I think we started a fight, which I didn't want. Not really a fight but we were talking about something tottaly different than my question. I felt uncomfortable and I asked to talk about something else because we all have different opinions, but they didn't want...

8. Lurcherlad

Lurcherlad PetForums VIP

Unfortunately, on a public forum people are free to give their opinion and debate.

The contents of threads, whatever direction the debate may go will serve to educate people in the future so all comments and opinions stemming from the initial post are valuable.

This is a forum for animal lovers and many members are involved in rescuing unwanted, inconsiderately bred animals - often with horrendously cruel pasts so emotions run high.

Responsible breeding and animal welfare is fundamental.

As suggested, it really would be a good idea to do some research on the plight of unwanted, feral animals in your country and you may change your mind on the subject of neutering.

I hope so.

9. kitty123!

Also one of the reasons I want it deleted. There, I said that I won't neuter my cats. But now I've changed my mind. I still don't know for sure, but it seems like a good idea. It IS better for my cat.

10. Lurcherlad

Lurcherlad PetForums VIP

So no need to delete it IMO

Someone else might come on with similar misgivings about neutering and read through this thread and then decide neutering is actually worth considering.

No bad thing, surely?

It's a discussion of an important subject.

Ultimately, people will make up their own minds what they will actually do with their own cats.

This is a great community of people connected by a common interest in their pets and passion for good animal welfare. Do stick around as there are lots of knowledgeable and caring people who might be able to offer advice or support in the future, about all sorts of things :)

11. kitty123!

I agree, but I would really appreciate if a mod. could delete it.

#11 kitty123!, Dec 9, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 9, 2017
  12. LinznMilly

LinznMilly Submissive Servant to My Lord and Lady Mutts
    Staff Member

@kitty123! I've met you half way and deleted the pics you wanted me to remove, and deleted your thread entitled Help. @Lurcherlad raises a good point that the thread could go on to educate other forum users - either other members who might not have considered neutering, or lurkers who have not yet signed up. I'm therefore of the opinion that the thread is fine where it is and doesn't need to be deleted.

It's never nice when you (general "you" - not personal you) start a thread and are the only one who has the opinions that you do, or don't get the responses you were hoping for, but it's part and parcel of forum life, and a risk we all take whenever we choose to start a thread.

Saying that you're from Serbia isn't divulging too much information. It's no more specific than me saying I'm in England. Or another member saying they're in Hungary, USA, Finland, Scotland, etc. All it does, is help us to understand any potential language barriers, or, to use your own thread as an example, why someone might say neutering isn't all that common, for example.

Locking this at OP's request, and because it has served its purpose.

:Locktopic

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.