Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Can a one person cat bond to a new person

Discussion in 'Cat Training and Behaviour' started by sarahfenn29, Jul 23, 2020.

1. sarahfenn29

sarahfenn29 PetForums Newbie

So two months ago we bought a very scared house cat, primarily for my mum but would be a family cat. About a month ago she developed a very strong bond with me, doesn't want to know anyone else. The problem is I am moving out and I am really worried about her when I do. I have tried having mum sit with us when I make a fuss of Bella, but Bella just walks away from mum. Also, mum is already the person that feeds Bella and does the litter tray. Is she likely to pick a new favourite person when I leave? Or will she be depressed? I haven't had her very long so I hope there is time for her to grow fond of the rest of the family. She is part Siamese. She acts scared of everyone else and runs away, even though they really try and are very friendly to her.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice