UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4,735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't want to start grooming Poppy myself (she's a Bichon) but I'm thinking about the odd occasion when her regular appt at the groomers gets delayed. E.g. groomer had to cancel recently, Poppy was due to go two days before her operation. We had to wait an extra two weeks until her stitches were out, by which time she resembled a yeti. In particular the hygiene areas were, well, excessively fluffy :eek:. I had to scissor around her botty and lady bits to keep things nice.

Her coat seems to grow very quickly and to keep it nicely manageable for me and comfortable for her during daily brushing, she goes every five weeks. So an extra two weeks makes a lot of difference.

So, just for the odd occasion, and not for any professional looking job, what do you think of this Pet Clipper CP-6810 Set with a Rechargeable Battery: Great Deals on Clippers & Shears at zooplus. On offer at the moment apparently, plus I have a 5% code.

It's OK, you can tell me it's rubbish if you like, I wont be offended :).

·
Registered
2,349 Posts
I can't comment on those you've linked to as I've never used them but when we used to groom Titch at home we used men's haircut shavers, the one we had was cordless/rechargeable and the important bit for us were they have ceramic blades so they never need oiling like the steel ones. We've had the clippers for around 6 years now, they are phillips ones from Argos and they were under £30, and I'm still using them now to cut hubby's hair! :)

·
Registered
4,735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I can't comment on those you've linked to as I've never used them but when we used to groom Titch at home we used men's haircut shavers, the one we had was cordless/rechargeable and the important bit for us were they have ceramic blades so they never need oiling like the steel ones. We've had the clippers for around 6 years now, they are phillips ones from Argos and they were under £30, and I'm still using them now to cut hubby's hair! :)
Thanks Lips. I never knew that about the blades, but I don't know anything about clippers anyway :eek:, so that's good to know.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.