Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Can a Chinese Hamster live in the Hamster Heaven cage?

Discussion in 'Rodents' started by ashleighhhhh, Aug 9, 2009.

1. ashleighhhhh

ashleighhhhh PetForums VIP

or other dwarfs?
    I finally found a website that ships this cage to the US, and I'm just wondering if they will slip through the bars??
    Thanks in advance!!
    =)

2. thedogsmother

thedogsmother PetForums VIP

I would be concerned about putting a chinese hammie in the hamster heaven as they are quite slim in the body whereas other dwarfs are a bit chunkier. I think my Campbells russian dwarfs would probably be ok in the hh, well done for getting it shipped over.

3. ashleighhhhh

ashleighhhhh PetForums VIP

Thanks =)
    I was thinking about Russians also, but I heard they bite more than Chinese..

4. ....zoe....

....zoe.... PetForums VIP

i heard the oposite to that (chinese bit more) i have 5 russians and only 1 out of them 5 bits me. but ive never really handled chinese so dont really know about them.

5. thedogsmother

thedogsmother PetForums VIP

I have had chinese in the past and I have some Campbells russians now. The chinese ones never bit and were really cute but they were a little more shy I had always heard that russians could be very nippy but I can honestly say mine are fabulous, they never bite and love to be held and played with.

6. ....zoe....

....zoe.... PetForums VIP

although i must also say that the one russian that does bite that i have is pregnant at the moment so may be very hormonal (and her bitting has got worse since she has been hormonal) now have to wear gloves to weigh her lol

but still love her all the same.

7. srhdufe

srhdufe PetForums VIP

When is she due? If the newest little one is preggers she should be due in about 10-12 days, so that'll be two litters i have :rolleyes:

8. cassie01

cassie01 PetForums VIP

iv had russians before and neither of them bit me. they did nibble a bit at first but they never drew blood

havnt had chinese yet so cant comment on them, at least not at the moment, lol

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice