Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Camera shopping help....

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Kittenfostermummy, Nov 2, 2015.

1. Kittenfostermummy

Kittenfostermummy PetForums VIP

Hey, I know a lot of people here are avid photographers. I am looking for a decent camera which has an adjustable shutter speed and a great zoom to be able to take some wildlife pictures as well as landscapes and interiors.

My partner has just shown me the Canon EOS 1200D as asked if it would suit what I want but to be honest I am not great with all the jargon!

Has anyone got this camera or any suggestions for one that may meet my requirements?!

2. Dogloverlou

Dogloverlou PetForums VIP

That camera has interchangeable lenses so it's really the lens you would have to concentrate on in regards to capturing what you want. For example, the kit lens which it will most likely come with will not capture great action shots, or have great zoom focus. To get that you'd need a telephoto lens ;) But Canon has a great name and I don't think you'd be disappointed with that camera.

However if you're looking for a camera with a fixed lens you could try a Lumix or Fujifilm, although I have no experience with either.

Kittenfostermummy likes this.
  3. MollySmith

MollySmith PetForums VIP

I have a Nikon D5200 with two lenses that I bought from Jessops but I nearly always use a Sony A5000 which has a very fast shutter speed. Brilliant camera and much more portable than the Nikon.

Kittenfostermummy likes this.
  4. Kittenfostermummy

Thanks guys, my partner only wants a dslr not a digital so we are now looking at the Nikon D5500 as a possibility, any more thoughts?!

5. Jesthar

Jesthar PetForums VIP

Canon aren't in my good books at the moment, my lovely little compact IXUS 500 committed suicide (zoom mechanism jammed solid) a few weeks ago, it was under three years old and had been kept in a case with only light use. My Mum's is over 7 years old and still going! Their customer service team said they'd get somene to contact me with options, but that was over three weeks ago and I've heard nothing despite chasing...

6. Mr Gizmo

Mr Gizmo Body of a Buddah.

What's your budget as this will make a big difference ?

7. Kittenfostermummy

I am not too sure as it is not me buying it but my partner, for me to use. I don't want him to spend masses so around 500-600 max I would say

8. Hanwombat

Hanwombat I ♥ dogs with eyebrows !!

I much prefer Canon, but then I have never used a Nikon. Always used Canon - had a 400d, 60d and 70d and looking to get another Canon in the new year as my ex took all my camera equipment when he moved out :rolleyes:

Again - depends if you want a camera with a fixed lens OR a camera where you purchase the body and then purchase lens separately.

9. Jesthar

Jesthar PetForums VIP

Wow, what a guy! :rolleyes: I assume you have no idea where he is now or you'd have got the Police involved? Cameras are not cheap bits of kit!

10. Hanwombat

Some of it was mine and some of it was his. No I have no idea where he is... probably a good thing as I'd thump him one :mad: He also took a load of Xbox games which were mine as well!! o_O:rolleyes:

11. Jesthar

Jesthar PetForums VIP

Hope you reported it to the Police anyway, that way if he ever crosses their radar they'll have even more to slap him with ;)

12. Hanwombat

Never thought about it really.. will perhaps think about it :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice