Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Camera people- Help needed

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by SpringerHusky, Jan 20, 2012.

1. SpringerHusky

SpringerHusky PetForums VIP

I have a Canon powershot A470, it's almost 3 years old and has been no problems at all till recently.

The other day it was fantastic weather nice and sunny so tried to get a great shot of Maya and Luna together. This happened;
    [​IMG]
    and it kept happening, till I stopped left it alone moved the dogs and took a quick shot before it had a chance to do it again and got this
    [​IMG]
    The lightning wasn't much different so it shouldn't have been turning my photos so dark.

Then another thing started cropping up, taking photos that were too bright even without the flash
    [​IMG]
    Again I managed to trick it/take a photo seconds after turning on and got this
    [​IMG]

It also has a habit of adding these lines to my photos as you can see from the toilet one.

Now today I've been trying to take photos outside in the sun and it's fine weather so should be no issues but it's taking them too bright that you can't see anything but white, this is without flash.

Anyone got any idea why my camera has started doing this? I really don't want to have to fork out for another :(

Thanks x

2. Set_Nights

Set_Nights PetForums VIP

Sorry but that doesn't look good :(. I'd say a trip to the camera vet was in order but if it is an old P&S the repair costs might not be worth it and you would probably be as well getting a new one. I am on a photography forum and someone else was getting those sort of lines on their photos and the diagnosis was that the camera was overheating. I suppose that could be what happened to yours if it was a really hot day. If it is taking photos too bright now is it possible you have flicked it out of automatic mode by accident?

I'm no expert though so hopefully someone else will come along and give you better news!

3. cat001

cat001 PetForums VIP

Looking at the exif data, for some reason the camera doubled the shutter speed in the first shot compared to the second, however the data on the second lot of pics are exactly the same so that wasn't an exposure issue, but rather an error from the camera, something may be wrong with the CCD sensor. The stripes are also indicative that it's a sensor issue which might mean your camera is on the way out! :eek: unfortunately this might mean you'll need to get a new camera

#3 cat001, Jan 20, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2012
  4. SpringerHusky

SpringerHusky PetForums VIP

Sounds like my worst fears then :(

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice