Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Came across an Eagle Hunt today!

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by Nicki85, Nov 10, 2012.

1. Nicki85

Nicki85 PetForums VIP

I was out with a friend on the Wayfarers Long Distance path doing a circular route around Kingsclere. Rusty was doing his usual checking out of the hedges- had seen where he was couple of secs ago so all OK. Then in the adjacent field we hear lots of voices and quad bikes :confused: first of all think we have walked in on a shoot... :yikes: so call Rusty back- he took 30 secs or so to reappear from the hedge (typical)... and then see that the quad bike is coming up the path to us :rolleyes5:

I start worrying- did Rusty get into the adjacent field and disturb them??? But no the chap just wanted to warn us that they were hunting with eagles and that we should keep our dogs on the lead in case they locked on to the dogs:yikes: So... reinstated dogs on lead and walked on up the path.

It was the strangest sight... lots of people walking in a row up a field with a couple of big birds (eagles? hawks?) with a couple of them... Then they would stop and shout "hare!" and the bird would be let off. (to catch the hare I assume!)

Any way all in all an interesting experience and we were grateful to the chap coming and asking us to put dogs on lead... no idea what the birds were but they were massive ! Rusty was very interested and wanted a closer inspection... :rolleyes5:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice