Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

calming down

Discussion in 'Cat Training and Behaviour' started by Evurr, Jul 10, 2009.

1. Evurr

Evurr PetForums Member

Hi there

My boys are 4 months and are manic. They are getting snipped at 6 months (advised by vets).. will they calm down and sleep more after that or will they still be up at 4am every morning? :eek:ut:

I thought cats slept more than this!!!! My old boy was a really late riser!!!

2. kittykat

kittykat PetForums VIP

At 4 months they are still kittens, older cats tend to sleep more.

3. josajojosa

josajojosa PetForums Junior

my kitten was a nut when we got her, since we got her neutered (heard this calms them down) she has gone even more mad!!!:D

4. Misi

Misi PetForums VIP

My kitten's 7 and a half months old and has just started to slow down from completely manic and totally out of control to acceptably lively! He's just started sleeping when we sleep, although he gets us up early at the weekend as he doesn't get the idea of a lie-in :D He's resting as I write, but it's about 34 degrees C here in Italy, so I think he's a bit warm. He'll go bonkers a bit later when it cools down a bit. Four months is still very young so I think you've got a bit of a way to go yet!

5. tylow

tylow PetForums VIP

I'm afraid the 4am in the morning wakeup is a cat thing lol not necessarily hormonal - sorry! I remember going on safari and having to get up at that time to see the best variety of wildlife at their best :)

6. mypets

mypets PetForums Senior

my kittens go in a big crate at 10pm every night, They know its bedtime and curl up together and go to sleep...dont hear nothing till 7am when im up for the school run...

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice