Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Calling multiple dog owners

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by alphadog, Jul 1, 2009.

1. alphadog

alphadog PetForums VIP

Do you regularly give your dogs 1:1 time? If so, how? And do the other dogs throw hissy fits about being left out?!
    :)

2. toddy

toddy PetForums Senior

All of mine get individual time but the German Shepherd does tend to butt in and try to steal all the attention.I tend to have one inside while the others are out playing so they don't even notice really so they all get a big hug just for them.

3. PoisonGirl

PoisonGirl Banned

Yep I do. Dave has more crate time than Dixie because he is still not 110% on toilet training and he gets exited. He is fine in his crate if covered.
    Dixie too but she is good anyway, she doesn't care if we take Dave out and leave her home.

If they are in the living room with us, they have to take it in turns to sit on the couch with me, the other is supposed to be in the dog bed by the fish tank tho they usually end up on the floor next to oh who is playing the x box.

Dixie gets to go out to training every friday, so Dave gets a walk without her on a thursday.

x

4. Cavalierlover123

Cavalierlover123 PetForums VIP

Yeah I bring Cassie & pippa together for a little walk (about 5 mins) Then drop pippa back at my house, then i bring cassie for a 30 min walk. I also brought Cassie to her first agility class today on her own as cassie is 15 months and pippa is 10 weeks. When cassie or pippa are sleeping i give the other attention. Some times pippa hurts cassie, when shes playing so i pick up cassie and cuddle her. It sounds like i give cassie loads of attention. But its equal!!:) Cassie will be going to agility tues and saturday evenings. so they get there own time with me and get there own time alone!:)

#4 Cavalierlover123, Jul 1, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 1, 2009
  5. Sleeping_Lion

Sleeping_Lion Banned

Tau gets her training sessions, I aim to fit in ten mins every day, including a bit of a walk down to where I train, so it takes about half an hour.

If Indie throws a hissy fit I wouldn't notice, I tend to ignore that sort of behaviour :)

6. JSR

JSR PetForums VIP

As rule I don't really. I spend sometime on the walk with Tiz doing some obedience and ALOT of time throwing the ball for Sidney, but generally they all get cuddle time and the thought of walking one without other the others would send them into meltdown!! :rolleyes: They are a very tight pack and they get distressed without each other. I do take Sidney and Sumo to horse events or days out that the others wouldn't either enjoy or behave suitably!!

7. nhamblin84

nhamblin84 PetForums Member

Max and Daisy are still VERY close and dont like being apart at night etc! We spend time training seperately eg. my o/h will practice training with max in one room and i will take daisy outside and vice versa! I couldnt imagine taking them for walks seperately they would be lost without each other lol!

8. Natik

Natik PetForums VIP

i do...usually i just take only one for a walk as i dont want them to get to depend on each other and also its good for their own confidence especially when they grow up together.

Sometimes i just leave one in the house and go with the other one in the garden for some training and a bit play and then swap them lol :D

9. My younger dog demands more attention then my older one as it happen! (the eldest one being a bit of a loner) Also have been walking seperately of late! as my youngest needs some roadwork to tighten up her feet!
    DT

10. Jess2308

Jess2308 PetForums VIP

I have 3 living with me and they all get some individual attention, but they are a little pack so do enjoy doing stuff together. Two of them are shown regularly so they probably see that as individual attention! The other one gets lots of fuss when i come home from the shows. They are walked together and they all sleep in bed with me!

It works for us :)

11. catz4m8z

catz4m8z PetForums VIP

I have taken mine out seperately before due to injuries or surgery but its not the same as they dont seem to get as much out of it. Usually Mathew finds all the interesting stuff to sniff out, Adam initiates play and chase and Hannah is the peacekeeper and calming influence!! Its like they are missing a piece when alone!!
    TBH though they are more the types who would rather all clamber aboard mum for a cuddle at once!!:rolleyes:

12. Patterdale_lover

Patterdale_lover PetForums VIP

All our dogs get one on one time, in training sessions, and praise after. But esp. for bess and chess as they don't work and just spend all day having cuddles!!! ;)
    But all 11 have their time, they sometimes get jelous and a spat breaks out, but we soon stop them with a click of the fingers! :D

13. JSR

JSR PetForums VIP

That's exactly how I feel, I dread the day one of them goes because I'm sure the dynamics will change. I can add as many foster dogs as I like and the 5 remain a core pack but I'm sure take one of the 5 away all hell will break out!! They all have a place and position and because of it they work perfectly together.

14. sequeena

sequeena PetForums VIP

Mine always have individual time. Candy prefers our company whilst Sky is happy to lay outside by herself for hours on end. We have to go find her to give her any cuddles lol

The only time they get jealous is when you're trying to cuddle them both :rolleyes:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice