UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
as my male Ridgeback is now 14 months old I thought he would be settled nicely into a brand of food he not only likes but is also good for him .
I started of with James Wellbeloved wet pouch and kibble, this was fine until a couple of months ago when he seemed to lose interest in the wet pouches.
I then tried a few other brands including dare I say pedigree chum and then Winalot . He seemed to like both but was not happy with the wet content. I was then recommended country choice Gelert. Again he seems to like it the wet mixed with the kibble and it's a very good price.
The only thing is the wet is in jelly form only and I'm not sure if that is good or bad, since I purchased it a couple of people have said don't touch it and after closely looking at the wet content the meat is only 4%.
I would be interested to see what everyone feeds there dogs on and yes I realise that it's an individual thing and what one person recommends another doesnt, but I am determined to get the balance between quality and price.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Wainwrights trays or nature diet work out good value. Not got a Ridgeback myself but my brother has the beautiful Lily Lou. Either of these are a firm favorite with them :)

·
Registered
39,229 Posts
I have fed raw since Kilo was about 7 months old and I am very pleased with his condition on it. He's just over 2 years old now.

I have to say though that he's a typical greedy ridgie and will eat anything!! You may need to buy a quality food and practise a little tough love until it's eaten perhaps? Get a few samples of good foods and try them maybe?

·
Registered
384 Posts
We feed our Rr on a raw diet aswell, he's been on it from 5 mth old.
He was fussy with dried food.
He never turns his nose up at anything we put down for him now.:drool:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.