UK Pet Forums Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Hello ev'ry body peeps. Stavross 'ere init.
2,531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In this day and age we hear phrases like
"down force" or
"more grip for better cornering"
My question is this. Can you have to much grip?

·
Registered
593 Posts
I think if you look at cars like the Evo and how it can corner at 100mph + then you can see why grip is a good thing :p

I used to have an MR2 and that was like driving a roller skate, so much fun, i like grip for fast cornering but then sometimes my current car frightens me more because the back end can be a bit dodgy - i suppose its more thrilling ;P

·
2,531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I think if you look at cars like the Evo and how it can corner at 100mph + then you can see why grip is a good thing :p

I used to have an MR2 and that was like driving a roller skate, so much fun, i like grip for fast cornering but then sometimes my current car frightens me more because the back end can be a bit dodgy - i suppose its more thrilling ;P
I am pleased to see you mention MR2. May you can help me. What is the difference between a MR2 and a MRS? they both look the same to me, or am I missing something?

·
Registered
2,446 Posts
At the moment we have an Hyundai coupe which has great handling and grip and is very quick through the corners, we used to have a 3.0L Alfa Romeo Spider which in a straight line would do over 150mph but going round corners it used to lose the back end as all the weight was at the front so had to tip toe round corners as not very much grip.
So weighing the two up we prefer the cornering of the Hyundai.

·
Registered
593 Posts
At the moment we have an Hyundai coupe which has great handling and grip and is very quick through the corners, we used to have a 3.0L Alfa Romeo Spider which in a straight line would do over 150mph but going round corners it used to lose the back end as all the weight was at the front so had to tip toe round corners as not very much grip.
So weighing the two up we prefer the cornering of the Hyundai.
Our cars probably handle quite the same. I have an RX-8 231 bhp which needs to be driven at high revs due to its wankle engine. I have been known to lose the back end a few times in the wet :laugh:

·
Banned
22,188 Posts
How fast do you want to go?

The results of too much down force.

·
2,531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
MRS is what the MR2 is called in Japan so it will be an import.
Typical of Britain. the Vauxhall VX220 is known as the Opal Speedster everywhere else. The Ford Mondeo is the Taurus in America and the Falcon in Austrailia. In Britain it's called a Toyota Yaris, but in Japan it's called a Vitz. I'm sure you can think of others.

·
Registered
593 Posts
Typical of Britain. the Vauxhall VX220 is known as the Opal Speedster everywhere else. The Ford Mondeo is the Taurus in America and the Falcon in Austrailia. In Britain it's called a Toyota Yaris, but in Japan it's called a Vitz. I'm sure you can think of others.
Oh i know.

I was looking at a Subaru Legacy GTB on import but it was a minefield as they are called different things in different countries - thats why i decided to get my favorite car :) guess that worked out in the end :laugh:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.