Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Callender Park in Falkirk

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by slbrown2108, Jun 5, 2010.

1. slbrown2108

slbrown2108 PetForums Senior

Ladies and Gentlemen I am very disappointed none of u atteneded as u said u would i was the only one from here who turned up. Luckily another couple of people came from another forum bt what a poor turn out even the ppl who organised today never turned up. least the dogs had a blast but im very disappointed in u all:mad:

2. Starlite

Starlite PetForums VIP

what walk was this, when was it planned??

3. Nonnie

Nonnie PetForums VIP

Looks like it was http://www.petforums.co.uk/dog-walking/101016-anyone-here-scotland.html

If your weather up there, was anything like it was down here, i wouldnt have turned up either. Incredibly hot and humid, and far too warm to walk a dog in.

Maybe the people who agreed to go werent able to get online and let you know they couldnt attend.

4. Ducky

Ducky PetForums VIP

i hadnt said i was coming, but sorry you felt disappointed.

at least the dogs had fun. it was a fairly hot day though, so maybe thats why people changed their minds.

5. GSDlover4ever

GSDlover4ever PetForums VIP

Oh dear.
    Who and how many were meant to be thier today?

6. Starlite

Starlite PetForums VIP

i didnt say i was going so im ok :thumbup:

7. lauz_1982

lauz_1982 PetForums VIP

I said I wouldn't be able to make it. It was very hot. Maybe there's a very good reason - could have been anything.

Laura :)

8. Kelly2774

Kelly2774 PetForums Member

Hiya,

I was the 1 tht posted about the dog walk to see if anyone would like to go etc and i did turn up with 2 of my dogs - Mya & Skye - plus my wee boy & my other half :)

Someone else off here plus yourself turned up and someone i no from another forum came too :)

yes it has been hot up here in Scotland today but Callender Park has a huge lake where 1 of my own dogs ended up :lol: :lol: was still a good day though :)

9. slbrown2108

slbrown2108 PetForums Senior

yeah it was great dogs still need to b walked whether its hot or freezing they werent out for too long though like kelly said there was a lake ;)

10. kazschow

kazschow PetForums VIP

I had said I couldn't manage it, but in fairness, I would have pulled out at the last minute on saturday because of the heat... yup dogs do have to be walked, but ultra hairy dogs like mine and others need to be walked at cooler times of day or they will suffer from heat stroke :( a friends chow was treated for this over the weekend, it was genuinely touch and go for him for a while :(

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice