UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I've lost all my information on my old laptop which has the calculation method to work out the carbs, I believe, in wet cat food. I remember Hobbs giving this to me ages a go and I had saved it and used it every time I went food shopping for my boy. I tried to figure it out the other day but for the life of me I cannot remember.
If anyone knows it can you please reply because it will be a great help to me :D

Many thanks

xxx

·
Registered
10,685 Posts
Simply subtract all of the macronutrients (moisture, protein, fat, fibre and ash) from 100 and what remains is your rough carb content.

To compare that with carb contents of other foods you should calculate it at dry matter, which simply means doing the same as above but then adding the second step of subtracting the amount of moisture of a given food from 100 and dividing the crude carb content by what remains when the moisture has been factored out. That way you can more reliably compare foods that potentially all have a different moisture content.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.