Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

cage help

Discussion in 'Rodents' started by alyssa_liss, Jul 28, 2009.

1. alyssa_liss

alyssa_liss PetForums VIP

right currently i have 2 russians in a 3ft tank
    A robo in a mini dunna
    [​IMG]

im getting fed up with how hard it is to clean the tank compared to the proper hamster cage

what would people recomend ??

2. Neza

Neza PetForums VIP

That's why I switched exclusively to aquariums a long time ago, except for my male mice. More floor space, nice ventilation, much easier to clean, and the best view of the animals inside. :)

3. alyssa_liss

im confused are you saying the fish tanks are easyier to clean ??

4. Jazzy

Jazzy PetForums VIP

I must say I prefer cages to tanks to clean.

Get an Habitrail ovo loft - my russians love it and you can get add-on's to make it bigger.:D Fantastically easy to clean too.;)

5. thedogsmother

thedogsmother PetForums VIP

I prefer cages to tanks as allmy rodents have enjoyed climbimg the bars.

I have two Hamster Heavens for Buffy and Angel (the Syrians), they are a lovely big cage but are quite expensive and P@H are discontinuing them so they might be hard to come by and they take up a lot of space.
    [​IMG]

For Spike, Cordelia and Willow (Campbells Dwarfs) I have an Imac fantasy with extra floors, they are a lovely cage and although not as big as the Hamster Heaven, they are very interesting for the occupants.
    [​IMG]

For the mice I have a huge imac thingy that I got off Ebay, its excellent and but takes up loads of room and I haven't seen one for sale since.
    [​IMG]

I also have two spare Cambridges for.......erm......well, well you never know when someone will turn up needing a home:rolleyes:. They are excellent cages for a single hamster and there is plenty of room for toys and they don't take up loads of room.
    [​IMG]

6. Jazzy

Jazzy PetForums VIP

Aww why are pets at home discontinueing Hamster heaven - I think they are the best cages for a Syrian. They discontinued the Cambridge too which is another good cage. I don't like that silly new one that they have got out with all the wooden bits in - it's so small.:(

7. cassie01

cassie01 PetForums VIP

i have robos in tanks and cages, i dont really notice a differentce, if anything though, tanks are probably easier, take the stuff out, hoover out the rest, give it a wipe with some disinfectant and bobs your uncle its done!! cage isnt much more difficult as its the same things with just a bit more to wipe down. i can get the three robos cleaned out and back in in half hour. and thats while watching the telly. Merlin in the rotastck though takes a bit longer but hes worth it. :p

8. alyssa_liss

Are the fantasys ok for dwarfs ?
    I can't Hoover the tank I have to scoop it and it goes everywhere, what is the bar spacing I need for a dwarf ?

9. thedogsmother

My Campbells Dwarfs are in a fantasy and they are far too big to squeeze out. I think the bar spacing is about 1cm but I can't find a ruler:rolleyes:. Spike is fully grown and Willow and Cordelia and nearly fully grown so I don't know about very young Dwarfs.

10. alyssa_liss

there about 7months i think, i wont have to worry about stir hes massive lol

would be the robo id be worried about but he can stay put in the duna

11. thedogsmother

I got that fantasy off Ebay for £40, they are quite expensive to buy new but they come up on Ebay all the time.

12. alyssa_liss

will have to keep a look out , thanks

13. alyssa_liss

found one but its in brighton :(

what other ones are there for dwarfs that are a resonable size

some on ebay are mega small

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice