Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Cage for Roborovski hamster.

Discussion in 'Rodents' started by Jazzy, Aug 2, 2009.

1. Jazzy

Jazzy PetForums VIP

I was wondering if an adult Robo could live in a Savic Peggy cage. I have a brand new one in the shed which my Russian hamster only spent one night in and she didn't come out all night that night - she's now living happily in the habitrail ovo. It's a shame that a brand new cage is just going to waste and it would probably be bigger than the cage my Robo is in now which is the habitrail playground with an add on spaceship which he sleeps in and a loft at the other side. I'm wondering if he could get through the bars though on the Peggy cage.
    Anyone ever kept a dwarf hamster in a Peggy?:confused:

2. Jazzy

Jazzy PetForums VIP

#2 Jazzy, Aug 2, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 2, 2009
  3. thedogsmother

thedogsmother PetForums VIP

Are Roborovskis about the same size as a Campbells? Spike, Willow and Cordelia were in a Cambridge for a while, which I belive has the same bar spacing as the Peggy and they couldn't get out. If you are unsure I would put him in the Peggy and put the whole cage in the bath, that way if he does get out of the cage he shouldn't be able to get out of the bath, that is untill you are confident he can't get out.

4. flufffluff39

flufffluff39 PetForums VIP

What hamster is that?? I have a siberian but don't know much about the different breeds.

5. alyssa_liss

alyssa_liss PetForums VIP

I wouldn't chance it , my robos still tiny

6. cherrie_b

cherrie_b PetForums VIP

Put him in it for an hour and see what happens! :) x

7. Jazzy

Jazzy PetForums VIP

This is him

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. Jazzy

Jazzy PetForums VIP

Actually the cage he is in is meant for a Syrian although I would never keep a Syrian in it cos it's cruel. It does have plastic at the bottom though so maybe discouraged him from getting out.

9. flufffluff39

flufffluff39 PetForums VIP

OHHH He is lovely...one of the smaller breeds is it?? I used to have the russian ones. Well thats what the pet shop called them anyway. The grey ones that are small and they used to get through the bars of a normal cage:eek:hmy:

10. cherrie_b

cherrie_b PetForums VIP

He looks like a big robo to me! Mine were absolutely tiny teeny!!! I would put him in the cage and see what happens...just watch him for an hour or so. :)

11. Jazzy

Jazzy PetForums VIP

Yes they are the smallest of the dwarf hamster breeds.:)

I've got two Russians too but the male one is so fat he would never get out of anything.:laugh:

12. Jazzy

Jazzy PetForums VIP

He does look quite big on that picture but he is quite tiny really. Maybe its cos I took him close up.:confused:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice