Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Cage advice

Discussion in 'Rodents' started by zany_toon, Jul 7, 2009.

1. zany_toon

zany_toon PetForums VIP

I need some advice on a new cage. The girls (mice x 5) are going to pet hotel while I'm on my week's holiday and their tank is a bit cumbersome and too breakable for transporting on a 90 minute drive. So, I'm forced to get a cage for them (which will serve two purposes: temp home for laies and new home for the new mice I'm going to sneak back from Aberdeen!) I'm trying for Ebay but all the cages look the same and rather pricey (not as much as PAH though.) Anyone got any ideas what cage or type of cage would be best for my girls? Any help appreciated!! And if anyone knows any cage with bar spacing les than 1cm it would be fab if you could let me know - the "babies" (4 months old now! Sob!!) haven't grown very large and can squeeze out a tiny space like this as evidenced when I left the lid of their cage open a tiny bit to find out if they could get out. Apparently they can!

P.S. I have pictures of the baby mice from the breeder I'm going to (not the same one's I'll be getting though as I won't be going until August) and I will post them later!!

#1 zany_toon, Jul 7, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 7, 2009
  2. mousemighty

mousemighty PetForums Member

the 3rd cage down is best, as youre looking @ hamster and gerbil cages , erm the problem with mice is there are good climbers but end up with hurt legs and paws plus they gnaw on the wires on cage so i dont find them helpful , but theres 2 cages you could go far and have 3 in 1 cage an 2 in another cage , yes 2 cages but safe ,youre 1st is 3rd from bottom welsh pet shop one and the 2cnd is a fanuirum or spider cage ect but these i use my but this is my humble opinion:eek:hmy:have i spelt it write, hope this helps pls dont flame for my choice in cages lol home-garden.shop.ebay.co.uk/items/Mice__W0QQItemQ2520TypeZCagesQ2520Q2526Q2520HousesQQQ5ftrkparmsZ65Q253A12Q257C66Q253A2Q257C39Q253A1Q257C72Q253A1686QQ_catrefZ1QQ_dmdZ1QQ_dmptZUKQ5fPetQ5fSuppliesQ5fSmallQ5fAnimalsQQ_mdoZHomeQ2dGardenQQ_pcatsZ11700QQ_sacatZ116888QQ_trksidZp3286Q2ec0Q2em14?_pgn=2

#3 mousemighty, Jul 7, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 7, 2009
  3. lau02

lau02 PetForums Member

4. srhdufe

srhdufe PetForums VIP

5. zany_toon

zany_toon PetForums VIP

The spider thingy is a great idea, thank you!! I may use that for the transporting of my new mice - 4 hour drive to and from Aberdeen (hence holiday :001_tt2: .) I need to keep my 5 girls together as theypine if they are separated. Not fair on them. I found a nice big three tiered cage like the Imac ones that they can use so nice and safe for travelling in and less climbing area. So I think that may be the one I go for.

Thanks again!

6. zany_toon

zany_toon PetForums VIP

The spider thingy is a great idea, thank you!! I may use that for the transporting of my new mice - 4 hour drive to and from Aberdeen (hence holiday :001_tt2: .) I need to keep my 5 girls together as theypine if they are separated. Not fair on them. I found a nice big three tiered cage like the Imac ones that they can use so nice and safe for travelling in and less climbing area. So I think that may be the one I go for.

Thanks again!

7. zany_toon

zany_toon PetForums VIP

8. zany_toon

zany_toon PetForums VIP

THat is ace!! Thing is, I'd be too tempted to use it permanently for the mice and I think that it may tempt the cat too much!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice