Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

C&C Cages?

Discussion in 'Rodents' started by Peppa, Jul 10, 2009.

1. Peppa

Peppa PetForums Junior

I have been googling all afternoon and my eyes are hurting!

Ive come across c&c cages and im liking the idea of these rather than a cage bought from a pet shop for my guinea pig, but im having trouble sourcing the mesh cubes and the correx or corroplast too, does anyone have any suggestions etc please? :D

2. Marcia

Marcia PetForums VIP

I absolutely love the look of them :)
    They look fantastic :D

3. MissG

MissG PetForums VIP

The Cubes are like gold dust unfortunately. B&Q used to seel them, so did homebase, but they are seem to have stopped.

The correx you can buy locally from sign maker shops or from ebay.

You best bet with the cubes is to join The Guinea Pig Forum - Powered by vBulletin and ask on there, as sometimes people have them for sale.

I keep my 3 Guinea Pigs in them, they make great cages, mine costs about £20 to build and it's a 6x2 - so 72"x21"

4. Peppa

Peppa PetForums Junior

oh im sooooo excited, i work in an estate agents doh!...and out the back of the office in storage is a pile of old sale boards that we cant use anymore! Think ill be taking a few of them home!! :D..

...just need to find the cubes now! :)

5. Neza

Neza PetForums VIP

Homemade cavie cages can be so much better then store bought ones. :)

6. alyssa_liss

alyssa_liss PetForums VIP

aparently argos use to sell those cubes but they dont now :(

7. Peppa

Peppa PetForums Junior

i know i tried argos as i remembered them having them in before & b&q used to but dont now, wonder why everywhere stopped doing them?! Maybe ill hit lucky and somewhere like Home Bargains etc will have some! :D

8. Peppa

Peppa PetForums Junior

Ive just bought some of the cubes off ebay, i tried argos & b&q but they dont do them anymore, so hopefully next week we can get Fudge set up in his new home with lots of his own toys etc! :D

9. Marcia

Marcia PetForums VIP

Make sure you post some pics :D

10. Peppa

Peppa PetForums Junior

Well the cage is now made and all set up ready im just a bit scared to put him in! Is there any chance he can climb out and we are going away for a week tomorrow & neighbour is looking after him i dont want her to come in to find he has escaped!:eek:

Also he is outside with the rabbit at the min, should i wait till i come back to put him in his new home, will he be lonely or will he be ok?

11. Neza

Neza PetForums VIP

I don't see a cavie climbing out of a proper cube cage, the walls are too high and they can't jump of course. And I wouldn't leave a guinea pig alone with a rabbit, he might get hurt.

12. MissG

MissG PetForums VIP

No, it would be extremely unlikely that a Guinea Pig can climb out of a c&c. However, contray to popular belief Guinea Pugs can jump, but they won't clear the sides.

Have the GP and rabbit always lived together? What size is the c&c?

13. Peppa

Peppa PetForums Junior

the rabbit & guinea pig have always been together at pet shop and at home wen we got them together, im going to leave them together till we get back then move guinea pig to his new home and maybe get him a friend when we get back! :D

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice