Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Bye Mikel :( My Special Lil Guy

Discussion in 'Rainbow Bridge' started by Littleali21, Jan 14, 2012.

1. Littleali21

Littleali21 PetForums Newbie

I'm so upset!

Our Ikkle Mikel has died.

He usually keeps us awake by being on his wheel at night, but lastnight we hadn't heard him. Yesterday morning on my way to work I put some treats out for him as these always seem to get him moving!!

However when I got home from work they were still there.
    Checked his house. Nothing. Taxi. Nothing. Computer. Nothing. Went to check his toadstool and found him dead In the corner of his cage.

He lived a long life for a little hammy, 2 years 4 months.

He didn't appear to be ill, go off food, water etc. But I'm really upset as to why he chose to die where he did. Did he know he was going? If so, why not get in his bed?

My OH is snoring but I'm still sat here in tears thinkin maybe I could have done something x

2. jill3

jill3 PetForums VIP

so sorry for your loss. From what you have written he did not suffer so he didn't need to get in his bed. It was just his time to go.
    Be proud that you gave him a long and Happy life.

R.I.P Mikel and scamper freely at Rainbow Bridge xx

3. Littleali21

Littleali21 PetForums Newbie

Thank you for your kind words. I guess I just thought if he was in his house he'd have died peacefully in his sleep. But the fact that he was in the corner makes me think the worst and that he either suffered or just dropped dead :(

Never thought I would say it but I missed hearing his wheel all through the night :( x

4. Ingrid25

Ingrid25 PetForums VIP

scamper free at rainbow bridge Mikel:(

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice