Welcome!

Welcome to PetForums, the UK's most popular and friendly pet owners community. Please 'Sign Up' if you'd like to take part and contribute to our forum.

Bye bye Basil

Discussion in 'Small Animal Chat' started by Blaise in Surrey, Feb 10, 2019.

1. Blaise in Surrey

Blaise in Surrey PetForums VIP

Some of you may remember that, almost two years ago now, I rescued a tiny hamster from Gumtree (it was clear he was at risk of coming to a sticky end). Well, yesterday I had to take him on his final journey to the vet.

He had been showing signs of aging for a few weeks (hair a bit sparse, less appetite, obvious weight loss) but was otherwise well: sadly that all changed two nights ago. Basil developed a tumour on his top jaw and, literally overnight, lost all the hair on one of his haunches. So, the vet had a look at him and agreed that it was time.

Fortunately our lovely cat and small animal sitter is a senior vet nurse at the practice, so she looked after Basil as he headed for Rainbow Bridge.

Bye bye little Basil. I didn't actually want a hamster at all, but knew I had to do the right thing when I heard about you, and you were a sweet little chap - not one bite in two years :)

2. Tiggers

Tiggers PetForums Member

RIP and run free little guy xxx

Blaise in Surrey likes this.
  3. Animallover26

Animallover26 I am me.

Have fun on the Great Wheel Basil.

Blaise in Surrey likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice