Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

buying of internet - flea treatment etc....

Discussion in 'Dog Health and Nutrition' started by GSDlover4ever, Aug 5, 2009.

1. GSDlover4ever

GSDlover4ever PetForums VIP

i know that buying certain items on line is a lot cheaper than going to the vets.

as i plan to get a better deal for flea and worm treatment on line - but obvioulsy from a reliable source!

so i would really appreciate if someone could give me a link that is reliable. :)

i have obvioulsy searched on line - but i'm always worried about being conned lol

2. GSDlover4ever

3. Nonnie

Nonnie PetForums VIP

4. FREE SPIRIT

FREE SPIRIT PetForums VIP

Hi there...here's a couple of links to online vet pharmacies. I use these all the time to get my worming and flea treatment. They do liquid solutions too..and they are cheaper than most vets. Hope this helps.

http:
    //www.petdrugsonline.co.uk

https://www.petmeds.co.uk/default.aspx

Vet UK: Selling Hills Prescription Diet, Frontline Spot On, Royal Canin, Feliway, DAP, Drontal, Hills Science Plan, Seraquin, James Wellbeloved for less.

5. noushka05

noushka05 Unicorn denier. Snowflake. Activist ;)

6. GSDlover4ever

thanks very much all - ill have a look at all of the sites :)

7. KarenHSmith

KarenHSmith PetForums VIP

I heard that some of these are Toxxic - All I know is, it was a flea treatment but I am not sure what type it was.

8. Spaniel mad

Spaniel mad PetForums VIP

I use frontline spot on for my dogs and cats. Never had a problem with it and i buy from vet uk

9. Blitz

Blitz PetForums VIP

If you use an out of date flea spray it can be toxic and some cats react badly to it but the reputable ones such as front line are efficient and are sold by vets. They were prescription only but I understand you can buy them online now. No point in using Bob Martens products, they do nothing and could give an adverse reaction.

10. dobermummy

dobermummy Banned

11. Nonnie

Nonnie PetForums VIP

Ive only heard of toxicity poisoning when people have not read instructions and used the flea/worm treatment incorrectly. IE, using it on an animal thats too young, or using dog flea stuff on cats.

Otherwise what you buy online is the same as in the vets/petshop. I used to get my dogs prescription only heart meds from online.

12. Jazzy

Jazzy PetForums VIP

I use Vetuk too and always found them excellent to deal with and fast delivery.:D I got my frontline from there and it was about £10 a packet cheaper than our vets.:eek:

13. katiefranke

katiefranke PetForums VIP

I mainly use Pet Medication, Pet Food, Pet Meds, Discount Pet Medication - VioVet - VioVet for all mine - both for my cats and dog.

They have always been very fast delivery, reliable and cheaper for the products I buy than other online places I looked (and loads cheaper than the vets, especially if you have a number of pets).

It depends what you want to buy though, take a look at the recommended sites on this thread and compare the prices of what you want. Some can do certain brands for cheaper (i.e. Stronghold vs Frontline or Milbemax Vs Drontal etc).

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice