Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Buying Drontal / Frontline online? Recommended sites?

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by Milliepoochie, Apr 11, 2011.

1. Milliepoochie

Milliepoochie PetForums VIP

It's that time of year again where I need to restock the cupboards on flea and worming bits and pieces :) And found myself now having to buy the large versions for Makita as he has completely demolished the stock I had in the cupboard due to his size! haha :)

I have alway used Drontal and Frontline for Millie (We have always bought online and done this ourselves no problem) but I was looking on

Latest Additions - Pet Supplies | Pet Accessories, Dog Food, Cat Litter, Beds & Collars

and I saw the wormer Cestem XL, it has the exact same three active ingredients as Drontal so wandered if anyone else had used it or heard anything about it? I have heard horrendous things about soem cheaper brands (Johnson) and have always stuck to Drontal / Frontline, just wandered if there are any other availble online brands which the knowledgeable people on here use.

Thank You in advance :)

2. Sled dog hotel

Sled dog hotel PetForums VIP

Ive used Cestem last couple of times and it was fine. I tried it because Drontal had made one of mine sick once or twice, whether it was just co-incidence I dont know, but all three were fine on the Cestem.
    Ive used panacur in the past too and never had problems with that.

Ive got all my stuff from Vet Medic for years, think they were one of the first ones and Ive always found them good.

Vet-Medic - the same medicines as your vet at consistently low prices. Order line 0800 387348 Postage in free, If you want 1st class though you just pay the extra.

3. Sled dog hotel

Sled dog hotel PetForums VIP

Forgot to say they are launching a new spot on called Fiprospot which is Fipronil based, which if you check I think thats what Front Line is, when the caatalogue came beginning of March it said coming soon. Might be available now if you want to check it out.

4. Steff

Steff PetForums Junior

Ive just got Vivas flea and worming stuff and i got it from Nutrecare. I use them most but i sometimes use VetUK, whoever is the cheapest at the time lol

5. candysmum

candysmum PetForums VIP

hyperdrug.co.uk
    and chemist direct

6. shibby

shibby PetForums VIP

We buy Drontal & Frontline too and have found these to be the cheapest, especially when we've factored in delivery costs: www.vetmedsdirect.co.uk We have quick delivery from them and there's also a 10% Off First Order code at the moment (quote "ZWF9QNT") :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice