Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Buy a horse

Discussion in 'Horse Chat' started by Arina_537, Apr 18, 2020.

1. Arina_537

Arina_537 PetForums Newbie

Hi!
    Did someone buy a horse through some website?

2. Rafa

Rafa PetForums VIP

Not sure what it is you're asking.

Could you be more specific?

3. Arina_537

Arina_537 PetForums Newbie

Just wondering if anyone had any experience buying a horse through a website? I mean, not locally, but with some shipping/delivery involved.

4. Rafa

Rafa PetForums VIP

I haven't but I would never buy a horse I had not seen and not had Vetted, (by my own Vet).

O2.0 and Lurcherlad like this.
  5. Teddy-dog

Teddy-dog PetForums VIP

It’s not something I would recommend - I would always go and see a horse I wanted to buy to double check everything is as it has been said and I’d get one vetted too.

I do know people who have bought unseen but they either, have a very good relationship with the person/dealer they’re buying from so know that the horse is as described and trust they will match them to the right horse or, they’re very experienced horse people who aren’t afraid of a ‘problem’ and understand the horse may need work or may end up being a field ornament!

O2.0 likes this.
  6. Blitz

Blitz PetForums VIP

I have bought unseen after getting a good relationship with the seller and seeing lots of videos and getting references. I have also travelled hundreds of miles to see horses.

7. Ringypie

Ringypie PetForums VIP

It wouldn’t be for me - I like to meet the horse and see whether we click or not!

8. StripesInTheCountry

StripesInTheCountry PetForums Junior

I have bought unseen but used to work with horses and the seller was a friend of a friend of a friend.

Horse was a project and remained a bit quirky but turned out to be a diamond in the rough and a great friend to me (he very sadly had to be PTS after a field accident).

#8 StripesInTheCountry, Apr 20, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 26, 2020
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice