Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Butchers classic

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by jill3, Sep 9, 2013.

1. jill3

jill3 PetForums VIP

I have just about gone through all the wet food products on zooplus and all have been a failure accept for the complimentary foods:(
    I have heard how Butchers classic is quite popular on here so I thought I would give it a go.
    Well I can't believe it! All three have left cleans bowls for the last two days:D

2. robedha

robedha PetForums Member

That's good to know. Willow, too, only seems to like the complimentary foods. I worry about her not getting the right balanced diet so I still feed a bit of high quality dry to make sure but I want to wean her off it altogether.

Newcomer Millie has been fed on low quality dry and kitekat. Hopefully I can find a food they both like. Maybe Butchers Classic will be the one.

I'm trying the raw but even with that Willow seems a bit picky. She likes chicken livers but not pigs liver. She can't get the hang of chicken wings but really loves beef mince and steak.

3. Figaro

Figaro PetForums Member

My kitten loves it too and you can buy 24 cans for about £11 in Pet smart.

4. Cosmills

Cosmills PetForums VIP

That's my next food to try with ruby again .... She will not entertain anything at the min ..... You name it we have tried it ... Totally off raw ... Monkey She was doing so well and something must have clicked in her head lol

5. Iheartcats

Iheartcats PetForums VIP

Mine love it!! I did go for Bozita, Armonda Carny etc from Zooplus but they just went off it really quickly and left numerous tetra packs and tins wasted but since they've been on Butchers they have clean bowls almost everytime. Leo's not that keen on the chicken one but that said its been a success!!

Glad to hear its been a success for you too!! :thumbup:

I get mine from Lidl.

6. we love bsh's

we love bsh's PetForums VIP

we feed it too.

7. ShelybellyandTeamC

ShelybellyandTeamC Bad Joke Generator

Butchers classic and certain flavours of carny are my saviours they are the only foods my two will eat

P@H do a great deal on Butchers

24 400g tins for just over £11

8. Joy84

Joy84 PetForums VIP

Lidl often does 12 tins for £4.99 :D

9. moggiemum

moggiemum PetForums VIP

my boy loves butchers, discovered when he was found to be liking my bf dogs dinner:rolleyes:, so i was delighted to find it in the shop, good price from lidl too, they also do a dry box, £i in the pound shop but i would only use it as a dreamies replacement treat as i stopped his dry a year ago , butchers and raw ,but my boy eats most things even my dinner if he could:rolleyes:

10. ShelybellyandTeamC

ShelybellyandTeamC Bad Joke Generator

Really :eek:

11. Taylorbaby

Taylorbaby PetForums VIP

We use it, no nasty bits in it and they love it! Turn their noses up at the other stuff so we feed good quality biscuits along side it, and some cooked chicken & fish ! :)

12. Psygon

Psygon Yoshi Tonks! :-)

ours really liked this as well... until this weekend after I'd bought a stack of tins in and now apparently they dislike it :huh:

I think they are testing me to see if I will cave and give them something else.

So far I'm being strong, but I'm not sure how long I can hold out!!

13. Taylorbaby

Taylorbaby PetForums VIP

They do like a change, totally normal to eat the same stuff then go off it for a bit :)

14. Psygon

Psygon Yoshi Tonks! :-)

Oh, I know... I have quite a large food rotation... but why do they have to go off the food after I just buy some more of it? :)

15. Joy84

Joy84 PetForums VIP

Because they're cats :p
    Their aim in life is to drive us mad :lol:

16. Taylorbaby

Taylorbaby PetForums VIP

*sigh* I wish I knew :nonod:

17. Kyria

Kyria PetForums VIP

I didnt realise Butchers Classic is a good cat food.

At the moment my fussy two are very much enjoying all the brands from the Happy Kitty Company, they seem to like any of the brands too, especially Macs, but I worry they may get bored of it but since reading this thread I think ill buy some Butchers Classic and give them a meal of that every now and again just for something different, plus its very cheap to buy which is great.

18. nelson6

nelson6 PetForums Member

this may seem a very silly Question, but how do you store the unfinished tin? I have 2 cats and theyd never eat a whole tin in one sitting, maybe in a day, but not one sitting.....listen to me, saying 'sitting' like they eat at the table!! :wink:

I guess those plastic tin lids would be ok?

#18 nelson6, Sep 10, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 10, 2013
  19. Jiskefet

Jiskefet Slave to the Hairy Hikers

I have never seen - or heard of - Butchers Classic, but maybe it is for sale under another name in the Netherlands.

Any ideas?
    Do you have a name of the company that produces it?

Maybe Pipje or Dorrit would know if it is for sale over here?
    I'd love to try it.

20. Kyria

Kyria PetForums VIP

It isnt a silly question atall.

I used to put the unfinished food in a plastic tupperware tub, but noticed my cats never seemed to like the food from it. Than I found out that sometimes cats can smell the plastic on the food!

I bought a glass jar with a tight secure lid and always put their food in that now and have no problems :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice