Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Busy day - now feeling guilty!

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by Fleur, Jul 31, 2009.

1. Fleur

Fleur Vassal to Lilly and Ludo

Had a busy day today.
    My Dad's booked us all a holiday in France so had to ring around and find a Kennel at short notice.
    It's the first time Zipper an Lilly will of been in Kennels so I'm feeling a little guilty :( Went and checked out the place and the girl was nice and friendly and the kennels were all very clean, but it seemed a little impersonal.

Then I had to take them both to the vets for their Kennel Cough immunization, that went well as they both love the vets. Zipper sneezed all his out so the vet gave him another dose just incase :D

But then Lilly had a bit of an upset tummy and had a little poopie accident on the sofa :eek: Don't know if it's because of the Kennel Cough or if she managed to eat something she shouldn't of on her walk earlier.

2. davehyde

davehyde Banned

we were gonna have to kennel ours but a friend offered to have him for us, she has a gr too and we had hers for a week as well. win win

3. Fleur

For odd days or weekends we do dog swaps, but didn't have anyone who could have them for the week.
    They normally come with us or my daughter has them. However we are all going on holiday this time.
    I do feel really mean though as they are used to their comforts ;)

4. davehyde

davehyde Banned

if you were close enough i'd have had them but i am oop north as we say lol.

5. Fleur

Thx for the offer :)
    I'm sure they'll be fine - they have each other ;)
    It's just they're soft southern dogs - LOL :p

6. wooliewoo

wooliewoo PetForums VIP

Friends of ours always use the RSPCA to kennel their dogs. They get plenty of walks and company as well as added feature of onsite vet.
    We are lucky to have friends who just love moving into our house if/when we need a dog sitter

7. peppapug

peppapug PetForums Senior

Don't feel guilty, they will be fine. Just think it is one week out of their very lovely lives.

Enjoy your holiday and don't worry about them, they are more rational than us humans! :)

My pugs are always happy to go into kennels when they have to.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice