Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Busy Busy ;-)

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by Beagle Mafia, May 14, 2010.

1. Beagle Mafia

Beagle Mafia Guest

SICKENED by the many photos we are now seeing daily showing cruelty to Beagles.

SHAKEN by the stories we hear of cruelty to Beagles on puppy farms, animal testing labs, hunts etc

ANGRY by the many stories we hear of people buying cute beagle puppies, not training them and then moaning when they cannot cope.

DISBELIEF at the excuses given for no longer wanting their beagle "he barks", "she smells", "she hates bathtime", "he chews my shoes"...and the worst one "he is so stubborn and demanding we cannot care for him"

I know some of you are thinking that its not just beagles but at the end of the day we have chosen to support this amazing cause. Recently Beagle Rescue/ Beagle Welfare have taken dogs away from testing institutions, rehomed and paid for treatment for sick/elderly beagles and they have carried out much needed research.

My husband and I are sick of the stories, horrified by the photos and fed up of the excuses and over the next few months we have pledged to raise as much as possible for Beagle Welfare and we plan to do this by taking part in challenges, doing silly things and we are organising a dog show. We are working towards a major challenge in 2011 where we hope to cycle John O Groats to Lands End and I have started working towards the London Marathon 2011.

We felt after going to work/ staying home everyday, walking Buster, cooking tea, watching TV, going bed and doing the same thing the next day and the next... was boring and we wanted to really help. We both decided that we'd much rather support animal charities for obvious reasons. We also believe that human charities tend to receive support easily.

Please consider sponsoring us with our fundraising endeavors, we will be sure to keep everyone posted on updates. We hope to continue with our fundraising after we have met our target for Beagle Welfare by selecting a new charity to support.

If you would like to help we have set up a page at Gemma Sims is fundraising for Beagle Welfare - JustGiving

2. Sarahnorris

Sarahnorris Banned

i support your cause and i will donate next friday! when i get paid :) god bless you for helping those that cannot speak for themselves!

3. mitch4

mitch4 PetForums VIP

GOOD ON YOU i take my hat off to you, this breed are so abused its unbeleivable, wonderful dogs, Im off to look at your fund raising page

GOOD LUCK to you and your hubby

could this possible be made a sticky by the mods so we could keep a track on how you are doing and would give lots of opportunity for folk to get involved as this forum is so fast moveing this thread will be lost in a few days time if not a sticky

Best wishes for all you are trying to do xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

4. Sarahnorris

Sarahnorris Banned

good point! sticky is good idea :)

5. Beagle Mafia

Beagle Mafia Guest

Thankyou so much. We read a poem the other night and it made us both cry. We have placed it in our programmes for the dog show.

If we change just one persons opinions on rescue dogs we have helped. Since getting Buster we have been saddened by attitudes towards Beagles, dogs, animals in general. It has heightened our awareness of animal abuse and also taught us that the RSPCA are really not as proactive as they should be.

We organised the dog show following the controversal 'dog licence debate' and 'insurance debate' on the news. I was angry that people were not training their dogs, not picking up after their dogs or caring for their dogs correctly and the dog show was formed to educate owners whilst raising money for charity.

Thanks for your support guys x

6. sailor

sailor PetForums VIP

Good on you two for raising money for the Beagles, I hope you get the £1000 and more :)

7. sailor

sailor PetForums VIP

I noticed you have not got any donations so far :eek:

So I put in a cauple of quid to get you started, every little helps :D

8. Mum2Heidi

Mum2Heidi PetForums VIP

I was one of the 100+ lookers rather than the -10 posters so have come back to say.
    Well done you!!!
    Cant offer to donate as not working at the mo but wish you well.

9. Ducky

Ducky PetForums VIP

you know i'm in sweety! il put in a donation later on!

just on a side note, how did u get a justgiving page for them? when i was raising money for them, they werent registered on the site. have they just done it recently? its good though, it will make it easier for me next time!!

10. Beagle Mafia

Beagle Mafia Guest

Thanks so much everyone, we are determined to raise lots of money. We were at a dog show today talking to the trailhound welfare people and they were very nice people, willing to help us so we have agreed to join forces for our next dog show.

Ducky, I read on the BW newsletter that they had set up a page, so we did our own page. We are chuffed that we have one now, as I want to do a skydive for BW so I can now start raising lol

xx

11. mitch4

mitch4 PetForums VIP

Have just popped a little donation your way and posted the cause on all my friends face book walls

Lets hope we can get you to that 1,000 and beyond

GOOD LUCK :thumbup:

12. Beagle Mafia

Beagle Mafia Guest

wooohoo thankyou xx

I have just been reading and noticed the charities have to pay for a JustGiving account but with GiftAid they get a lot more. I am not sure if when I do dog show to pay all money to Beagle Welfare via JustGiving or send a cheque?

thanks anyway hun x

13. mitch4

mitch4 PetForums VIP

sending it via justgiving will secure the gift aid :thumbup:

14. cleancage

cleancage PetForums Junior

Well done.

I support Retired Greyhound Trust and I find it so rewarding being involved in protecting creatures that cannot speak for themselves.

15. mitch4

mitch4 PetForums VIP

just wanted to put this to the front page again, such a worthy cause :thumbup:

16. Ducky

Ducky PetForums VIP

bump xxxxxx

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice