Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Buster, Staffie, DOB March 05

Discussion in 'Dog Rescue and Adoption' started by Rescue Remedies, Jul 19, 2009.

1. Rescue Remedies

Rescue Remedies PetForums VIP

Buster, Staffie, DOB March 05

[​IMG]

His Story: Taken as a pup when a friend's Staffie had a litter of 7. Too many demands on the family to meet his needs.

Salient points: Buster has it all 'one owner' training thru to agility; lived with babies upwards - 6 children, 2 other dogs, good looks(!), fully cared for.

Advert: Buster has been owned since a pup, joining a Shepherd and a Staffie. Grown up with 6 children babies to teenagers. Now an only dog, no more training classes and owners time having to go into disabled child. His owner has a bad back so doesn't walk him. Walks with keenness, but easy on a halti. Buster needs more occupation and activities centred round his needs. Buster is neutered, vax'd and chipped.

Buster needs a family where his needs are met as a young dog of his breed. He hasn't lived with a cat, but is kind to sister's Guinea pigs licking the cage, NO aggression in this dog at all. Brilliant with people and children. Good with food. Needs to settle again and have companionship. Buster is living in West London

Buster is a beautiful dog with a very good foundation. He understands his commands to the click of the fingers and plays with dogs outside. Comes off the lead in open spaces with a ball to focus his attention. Buster needs companionship. Buster is a kind gentle proven dog with children and still very adaptable. He is so handsome and very intelligent. Hoping his new family and home will come soon

Please visit our FORUM to see this dogs individual thread, find out more about them and follow their progress – Rescue Remedies.myfastforum.org :: Buster Staffie x 3yrs old Ashford W London Direct home.

If you are interested in re-homing please visit our website www.rescueremedies.co.uk and complete our homing questionnaire so we can ensure our dogs are matched and will suit your circumstances/lifestyle.

For daily updates click our forum logo on our homepage and you will find the full range of dogs that are available for homing - Rescue Remedies.myfastforum.org :: Index.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Rescue Remedies

Met the lad ... oh BOY love him. Love him - a spectacular Staffie ...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

OK so you think you've seen a dog smile ... now look at these!
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. Rescue Remedies

Sadly Buster's home couldn't keep him any longer and surrendered him to a large rescue. We only found out when we called them with a potential home. We followed through to the rescue hoping to be able to rehome him, but that advised that he had already been put to sleep. Our team are devastated by the news.

4. Grant

Grant PetForums Junior

Aww poor thing he is such a stunner and looks and sounds so great poor thing no one could of re-homed him in time,i wish i could have done :(:mad:

5. Tbone

Tbone PetForums Newbie

That's terrible.
    I offered a home to him. But my conditions changed slightly and it wasn't ideal but I could have taken him on if I knew they were desperate. What sort of rescue organisation puts a dog down so quickly? Can't understand that? Who did they give him to? His owners sound very impatient to me. They could have economised a bit and fed him on cheap food etc rather than having him put down.
    I must say, when I looked at your website it made it sound like he had loads of people who wanted him after he had been in the newspaper. If I knew they were so desperate I would have definately taken him on.

6. Rescue Remedies

We are still reeling from it all. We actually had another dog that this happened to as well. Both were called Buster ironically. Such a waste and so very sad.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice