Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

buster and manky eyes...

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by Savahl, May 11, 2010.

1. Savahl

Savahl Guest

The last two days buster has gotten himself a build up of gunk in the corners of his eyes, which i done my best to clean up but not very well...today i went to the pet shop and got some proper eye wipes to clean them up better, sadly for buster by this point it had gotten a bit crusty and knotted into his fur.
    But he was a very good (patient) boy while I got it out

Iv never had this prob before and not sure whats caused it? Could it be due to seeds etc irritating his eyes? or cos iv not had him trimmed yet (he has long eyebows and a beardy face).... and experiance in weepy eyes, considering hes not ever had it before in 4 yrs?

[he has been licking his feet alot recently, may be unrelated but do you think it could an allergy? Will go to the vets if it returns but wanna check for any obvious answers!)

2. haeveymolly

haeveymolly PetForums VIP

Does he run through or near some rape fields, i have this every year with mine.

3. Savahl

Savahl Guest

We only really walk through woods, but with long grass and overgrown areas that he runs off into i was wondering about irritation... think it could just be that and i should just keep a close eye and a box of wipes handy?

4. haeveymolly

haeveymolly PetForums VIP

I would say thats whats causing it.

5. PoisonGirl

PoisonGirl Banned

there was a doggy eye infection going about here a while ago, had it last year too (I dont walk in long grass or anything).
    Bully had it in both eyes but my pair only got it in one, my dads dogs had it too :(

6. chestersmum

chestersmum PetForums Senior

Chester had tis recently. I went to the vet when the gunk starting turning yellow/green. He had mild conjunctivitis got some cream for his eyes cleared up after about 5 days

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice