UK Pet Forums Forum banner

Burns Pack Resizing/Pricing

516 views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  babycham2002 
#1 ·
I went into my local feed/leisure store earlier this afternoon to get some more Burns Alert lamb and Rice. I usually get the 7.5kg bag which costs £23.99.

I know Burns have reduced the 7.5kg bag to 6kg and i think its around £20 and they have reduced the 15kg bag to 12kg and also reduced the price.

Anyway, i picked up the 6kg bag and they charged me £23.99 the same as the 7.5kg price which i thought was wrong. I think maybe they are trying to be crafty, i questioned it and they said the price was the same.

Probably theres not many people who would know about the bag size being reduced and would carry on thinking they were getting the 7.5 kgs for the same price.

I left saying i would be buying elsewhere :rolleyes: Does anyone actually know what the correct prices are for the bag reductions please ?

#2 ·
its very common practice now for companies to reduce package sizes instead of increase price but I dont know if your company were right in that it is the case here

well this website doesnt even make sense, the rrp and selling price are the wrong way round!!
Buy Burns - £28.00 | Online Pharmacy, Internet Chemist

ooo this ones good

Buy Burns Alertl Dog Food with Lamb & Brown Rice 6kg

Burns Alert Lamb 6kg

okay this is my local wholdesaler and the price they list is the recommended selling price usually set by the supplier, SOOO your supplier had definitely got their wires crossed
Burns Alert Lamb 6kg :: Foods > Dog Dry :: Bestpets

#3 ·
its very common practice now for companies to reduce package sizes instead of increase price but I dont know if your company were right in that it is the case here

well this website doesnt even make sense, the rrp and selling price are the wrong way round!!
Buy Burns - £28.00 | Online Pharmacy, Internet Chemist

ooo this ones good

Buy Burns Alertl Dog Food with Lamb & Brown Rice 6kg

Burns Alert Lamb 6kg

okay this is my local wholdesaler and the price they list is the recommended selling price usually set by the supplier, SOOO your supplier had definitely got their wires crossed
Burns Alert Lamb 6kg :: Foods > Dog Dry :: Bestpets
Thanks for that, i was right then ! they wouldn't have it :rolleyes:

There are some good prices there, i ordered 12kg from Vet UK for £32 with delivery in the end which i thought was pretty good.

Thanks again :)

#4 ·
Thanks for that, i was right then ! they wouldn't have it :rolleyes:

There are some good prices there, i ordered 12kg from Vet UK for £32 with delivery in the end which i thought was pretty good.

Thanks again :)
Pleasure, I like a bit of investigative work :)
That does sound like a good deal :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.