Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

burns or arden grange thoughts please

Discussion in 'Dog Health and Nutrition' started by lovewhitegermanshepherds, Mar 27, 2011.

1. lovewhitegermanshepherds

lovewhitegermanshepherds PetForums Junior

does anyone have any thoughts on burns my gsds are on arden grange but are slowly going off it i have tried raw but they stick their noses up no matter what i give them they will eat cooked chicken but give them a raw chicken wing they will not touch any thoughts would be appeciated thanks:001_smile:

2. Mum2Heidi

Mum2Heidi PetForums VIP

I would say AG is the better food. Burns is a lot of rice for your money. May as well look at something like skinners hypoallergenic Field and Trial range and save some pennies.

Have you thought about adding abit of wet food to the AG or do you think they would pick out the wet and leave the AG?

Simpson's is quite affordable and cereal free. My favourite would be Robbies if your dog doesnt mind rice. Sounds absolutely divine and you dont use much because you add water to it. If mine would tolerate cereal, it would be my first choice:D

3. Lyceum

Lyceum PetForums VIP

I'd stick with AG over burns too. 60% rice for £48 is too much for my liking.

My friend's GSD loves AG, but she mixes in fish4dogs salmon mouse because he's not fond of dry on it's own.

Also, TBH, I'd not swap because they're going off a food, you'll end up teaching them that if they don't eat, you'll switch or add something, so you'll end up with some very fussy dogs on our hands.

4. Ducky

Ducky PetForums VIP

agreed!!:)

5. Steff

Steff PetForums Junior

I put my GSD onto AG a few years ago and it has done wonders for her i would defiantly recommend it. She is made easily hypo by food but not on this and her coat went so much silkier. Although i am considering changing her food soon as i find AG costly but i really don't want to as it has been so good for her.

6. henry

henry PetForums VIP

You can get AG Lamb for around £25.00 - think Vet UK do it or Berriewoods.

7. Steff

Steff PetForums Junior

I have been paying about £25-28 a bag from vetuk or nutrecare, but it is currently £32 on vetuk. I do prefer ordering from nutrecare as the last few bags i have got have been cheaper than vetuk plus you get 3 Kong squeaky tennis balls free :thumbup: which Viva loves :D
    The shop local to me are charging nearly £40 a bag :blink:

8. henry

henry PetForums VIP

Berriewoods are doing 2 x 15kg AG Lamb for £52.00 including free delivery. Only £26 per bag that way! Claire

9. Both decent, perhaps AG has the edge, also fish4dogs is worth a look!
    Have you considered a good quality wet like Nature Diet
    Sez she who has a store cupboard full of dry food at she types

10. lovewhitegermanshepherds

lovewhitegermanshepherds PetForums Junior

hi they wont touch the wet nature diet or raw they have cooked chicken have always found that shepherds are fussy eaters anyway will plod on with arden grange pup is fine with it the older one is not so keen

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice