Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Bunny thumping and making noises since we got her a friend!

Discussion in 'Rabbits' started by Jzsslouise, Mar 23, 2020.

1. Jzsslouise

Jzsslouise PetForums Newbie

Hello!

I have two bunnies (honey) is a female determined by vets. We recently got her a bunny friend who we also thought was female but we are now having second thoughts. (Bonbon)

ever since we got bonbon we have kept them in two cages apart from eachother but in view of eachother. Honey has recently started pulling fur out and making a nest looking thing but they’ve never been together to mate and we thought bonbon was female.

honey has also started making guinie pig honking sort of noises and thumping a lot when she is in the cage but she is fine when we take her out multiple times a day..

does anyone know what this might be because? Is she stressed and how do I fix it? Or is bonbon maybe a boy and she is making mating calls?

2. Corneal

Corneal Shelly

Female unspayed rabbits will pull out their fur whether they are pregnant or not. They do this to help make nests for babies, females do this even if they haven’t even met another rabbit. And she’s likely honking because she doesn’t like how close BonBon is it what he’s doing

3. RedPanda3

RedPanda3 PetForums Junior

To be sure on the gender it is probably best to get Bonbon looked at by the vet, they can tell for sure (the vet can also help with this query) Once this has been determined, let me know and I'll try and help you even more.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice