Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Bunny run renovation

Discussion in 'Rabbits' started by jaxb05, Oct 22, 2012.

1. jaxb05

jaxb05 PetForums VIP

I'm so excited. I have been looking forward to the renovations for months and months. But with being in hospital for 5 months and then the guy doing the work having a serious illness .... Finally the work starts next week. I can't wait.

I am having my run extended to 8 foot wide instead of 6 and keeping the 6 in length. The height will be about 5 1/2 foot tall as opposed to a small 2 foot now. I will be able to walk inside the run. I will have my wee wooden climb frame within the run. New doors for wire area as current ones need replaced. Mesh put on all the wooden legs that the bunnies might eat. A wee exit upstairs to the wooden frame as well as the one currently downstairs.

Great news too as he said that he has to buy a certain amount of wood and he will have enough for to build me a double tier hutch and run for foster bunnies at the side of my back. I will post photos when it is done.
    Jacqui

2. Kammie

Kammie PetForums VIP

Can you send this guy to me when your done, he sounds amazing. I want to redo my setup but can't at the moment. We're looking at moving to a bigger house (when we find the right house in the right location with a big garden in London lol) and once we move I'll start with a whole new shed and run combo. Just need the funds and someone that will understand what I want without thinking I'm mad and will do a good job.

3. jaxb05

jaxb05 PetForums VIP

I hope you find the right new home Kammie.
    This guy is really lovely, he's good at what he does and he is doing all of this and supplying everything for £290. I would pay that for a hutch and run of good quality.
    Jacqui

4. hazyreality

hazyreality PetForums VIP

Ah you see, thats why I do it all myself (with a hand from dad when needed!) I understand what I want, I do a reasonable job :p No-one to think I'm crazy - well they do but it doesnt matter - and its much cheaper :)

#4 hazyreality, Oct 22, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2012
  5. Hel_79

Hel_79 PetForums Senior

Sounds great!

If we were closer then I'd have hired my husband out! He's done an amazing job putting together our bunny shed & run from scratch. I'm very lucky he was as open to learning about rabbits' needs as I was and was happy to indulge me!

Can't wait to see your photos :)

6. MrRustyRead

MrRustyRead PetForums VIP

the person that made my enclosure must of thought i was coocoo but nevermind :) ha

7. Louiseandfriends

Louiseandfriends PetForums Senior

Sounds really good! :D We are having a pricey custom hutch built soon. xx

8. Summersky

Summersky PetForums VIP

That sounds absolutely fantastic!!

great for the buns, and even better because you will be able to go in too.

9. JordanRose

JordanRose Master of the Whingey Cat.

Sounds fab!! :D Can't wait to see the finished result! :thumbup:

10. emzybabe

emzybabe PetForums VIP

sounds like paradise jaxs

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice