UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm so excited. I have been looking forward to the renovations for months and months. But with being in hospital for 5 months and then the guy doing the work having a serious illness .... Finally the work starts next week. I can't wait.

I am having my run extended to 8 foot wide instead of 6 and keeping the 6 in length. The height will be about 5 1/2 foot tall as opposed to a small 2 foot now. I will be able to walk inside the run. I will have my wee wooden climb frame within the run. New doors for wire area as current ones need replaced. Mesh put on all the wooden legs that the bunnies might eat. A wee exit upstairs to the wooden frame as well as the one currently downstairs.

Great news too as he said that he has to buy a certain amount of wood and he will have enough for to build me a double tier hutch and run for foster bunnies at the side of my back. I will post photos when it is done.
Jacqui

·
Registered
4,146 Posts
Can you send this guy to me when your done, he sounds amazing. I want to redo my setup but can't at the moment. We're looking at moving to a bigger house (when we find the right house in the right location with a big garden in London lol) and once we move I'll start with a whole new shed and run combo. Just need the funds and someone that will understand what I want without thinking I'm mad and will do a good job.

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I hope you find the right new home Kammie.
This guy is really lovely, he's good at what he does and he is doing all of this and supplying everything for £290. I would pay that for a hutch and run of good quality.
Jacqui

·
Registered
5,961 Posts
Just need the funds and someone that will understand what I want without thinking I'm mad and will do a good job.
Ah you see, thats why I do it all myself (with a hand from dad when needed!) I understand what I want, I do a reasonable job :p No-one to think I'm crazy - well they do but it doesnt matter - and its much cheaper :)

·
Registered
530 Posts
Sounds great!

If we were closer then I'd have hired my husband out! He's done an amazing job putting together our bunny shed & run from scratch. I'm very lucky he was as open to learning about rabbits' needs as I was and was happy to indulge me!

Can't wait to see your photos :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.