Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Bunny Questions

Discussion in 'Rabbits' started by Teddybearr, Jul 26, 2009.

1. Teddybearr

Teddybearr PetForums Newbie

Hi there. I have 2 questions about my bunnies. He is a year and a half old lionhead rabbit. He is not neutered yet, and I was just wondering if he is too old to get neutered? What is the maximum age that a bunny can get neutered? I recently bought a female bunny, they get along fine together, but he can't last more than 5minutes together, without Roger trying to mount her. I plan to get both bunnies fixed. My female rabbit, Lola, is only about 2 and a half months old. At what age should I get her spayed?

Thanks!:)

2. umber

umber PetForums VIP

Hi there,

You need to get your male bunny done asap he is not too old! Also I wouldnt put them together just yet as it only takes literally 3 seconds for him to mate and impregnate her. As she is soooo young and still a baby this could be very harmful for her.

Im sure others here will be able to give you a good age where she can be spayed I think its about 4 months poissibly earlier.

Remember if you get your male done before your female you still have to keep them separate for 6 weeks as he is still fertile for that long after his op!

Also have you had their jabs done?

Lastly we would loooveeeee to see pics of your 2 little treasures :D

Hope that helped!

3. crofty

crofty PetForums VIP

Oh crikey dont let them near each other until they are both done, male bunnies can be done whatever age as long as they are healthy, he's at the perfect age. You doe will need to be done from 4 months onwards, some vets like to wait until they are 6 months old but its whenever they are mature enough really.

4. emzybabe

emzybabe PetForums VIP

totally agree with the above, the last thing u want to find is a nest in one corner of her cage

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice