Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Bunny proofing in room

Discussion in 'Rabbits' started by RedPanda3, Mar 25, 2020.

1. RedPanda3

RedPanda3 PetForums Junior

Hi there,
    Hoping to get a bunny soon! Just a few questions about bunny proofing for a free roam bunny in my room. One - Would clear duck/packing tape on the skirting boards be a good idea to stop bunny chewing on the boards? Two - Do bunny's chew on blankets/sheets on your bed/floor etc or is it not a preferable chewing option (lots of chew toys will be provided) Three - How do you guys protect your valuable wooden furniture? Would the tape option be good there on the corners or should I just put a puppy pen up? (Thinking for a desk and chair)

2. Corneal

Corneal Cornealia

Valuables and antiques should be put in a room that rabbits aren’t in. Tape will do nothing. Try Perspex sheets over the skirting boards instead.

Remember rabbits need lots of hay and veg everyday

They also NEED vaccinations and neutering

RedPanda3 likes this.
  3. RedPanda3

RedPanda3 PetForums Junior

Thank you! The bunnies will definitely have lots of hay and veg (I will get them after the coronavirus has died down so I know there will no shortages of food for them). I will get them from the RSPCA so they will already be spayed/neutered and we have a vets on our road so will vaccinate them there.
    As for the bunny proofing, i had heard that putting tape on would deter the rabbits, due to the shiny texture and being un-woodlike. I understand they will get a bit beaten up by the rabbits! Does this have any truth or not?
    I cannot move the furniture and do not know how it had been treated (possibly not safe for bunnies) so would fencing it off be a good idea? If so, does anyone know some good fencing (preferable freestanding) options that I could use? Thanks.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice