Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Bunny partner

Discussion in 'Rabbits' started by Graceivy98, Oct 5, 2019.

1. Graceivy98

Graceivy98 PetForums Newbie

Hi guys!

I have two beautiful bunnies, Bella and Houdini, unfortunately Houdini’s partner, Heidi passed away yesterday morning, they have been together their whole life and I know Houdini is sad, he’s not really eating or drinking and is not as bouncy and happy as he was :( I need to get Houdini a new partner soon, and I have a Bella.

When I adopted Bella, she was by herself and I was told that she likes to be by herself and I tried to get Bella, Houdini and Heidi to be friendly in a neutral ground but Houdini was scared of Bella.

Houdini is about 4 years old and Bella is about 5 and they have both been neutered but I need help, do I try and bond Bella and Houdini or do I adopt another rabbit? And if I was to adopt another rabbit, do I have to get the same age or get a younger bunny?

Any other advice on how to convince Houdini to eat will be highly appreciated!
    Thanks guys ❤️

2. bunnygeek

bunnygeek PetForums Senior

Sorry you lost Heidi :(

Give Houdini some of his favourite snacks and monitor output.

You could certainly try a bond with Bella but have a good read about bonding first. There’s no one right way to do it and everybun is different.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice