Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Bunny lump/tumour/cysts

Discussion in 'Rabbits' started by Kittycatjules, Aug 22, 2019.

1. Kittycatjules

Kittycatjules PetForums Newbie

Hi all! I am new here. And just came across the site in desperation. My lovely little rescue bunny has been fine, then got what seemed to be a water infection. That has progressed to a lump on his abdomen. On day two it's even bigger. My vet on day one, said well he's had a good life (age 6) and that was that. He has a wonky leg and is a disabled rabbit. But sometimes I feel people just look at him and think he's not worth trying to save. I would never put him through any unecessary trauma. But wondered any one elses opinion on this? Do I pursue biopsy/ surgery options? They havent tested or done anything apart from look him over. I'm so worried I'm just not taking action-and what if I should. T 20190731_125451.jpg hanks, Julie xx

2. bunnygeek

bunnygeek PetForums Senior

Get a second opinion from an exotics vet. He's only middle-aged at 6 years old, I lost my two wobbly elderly ones last year at 12 and 13 years old respectively. One was to a tumour but on the side of his poor little face.

I would say surgery is definitely something a good rabbit-savvy exotics vet should be looking into. He should have x-rays and blood tests to see what's going on in more detail.

Not all vets are rabbit savvy!!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice