Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Bunny jumping on the bed

Discussion in 'Rabbits' started by North, Nov 26, 2018.

1. North

North PetForums Newbie

My bunny is around 2/3 months old and is a male. We got him about 2 weeks ago and we keep him in a cage in my room. We keep him in a cage at night and while we are away (at school/work). I feel bad for him because rabbits are most active from dusk until dawn and he is being kept in a cage at that time. I want to let him free roam around my room at night but i have a problem: he keeps jumping on the bed. I don't want him to do this because i'm scared that he will pee/poop on the bed.
    When he jumps on the bed i quickly remove him, i clap loudly but nothing works. Would you know how to prevent him from jumping on my bed?

2. bunnygeek

bunnygeek PetForums Senior

The only way would be to fence off your bed, or put a layer of puppy pads and washable fleece blankets on top of your bedding to soak up accidents! As he’s a young boy he will likely start being a mucky urchin up until he’s neutered.

North likes this.
  3. Corneal

Corneal Cornealia

I always put sheets of tarp on the bed when my rabbits are out loose, i then put towels or old sheets over the tarp.

4. AyeIt'sLiv

AyeIt'sLiv PetForums Junior

Hey North,

Rabbits are most active at dawn AND dusk, not in between, they sleep throughout the day as a survival instinct passed down from generations of bunnies as they are crepuscular. I would suggest fencing off a section in your room that you feel comfortable having your bunny run around in and purchase a tall, around 42'' dog x pen, they can be used for rabbits, and most people do use dog pens for rabbit roaming places. Hope this helped :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice