Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Bunny Bonding Diary...

Discussion in 'Rabbits' started by Paws&Claws, Jun 8, 2010.

1. Paws&Claws

Paws&Claws PetForums VIP

One Day to Go

Hi everyone! Ive decided to start a bonding diary :) Ive decided to start bonding my 3 bunnies. Hunny & Sunny are already bonded after being together since birth and Bebe has been alone for a good few years after her previous owners never got her a friend and after people telling me she would never bond :mad:

But after seeing her be so nice to Hunny through the cage bars and laying next to each other nicely through cage bars, i decided to give it ago. Sunny doesnt like Bebe so im expecting him to be the little bugger :lol:
    Ive been speaking to Crofty and she has helped me with my checklist:

• 30" Cage
    • Water Bottle
    • Hay/Straw
    • Duvet
    • Blanket
    • Grooming Wipes

So tomorrow morning i will be giving all the bunnies a bath and a groom and the bonding will begin! :thumbup: Hopes are high at the moment and everything has been washed with vinegar and been given a good scrub :D

Wish me luck!

Hunny & Sunny
    [​IMG]

Bebe
    [​IMG]

2. thedogsmother

thedogsmother PetForums VIP

Oooh what a good idea, maybe this thread could be a sticky as it would be helpful to other people wanting to bond their buns, people could pop their bonding tips etc on. I hope they will all be one big group hopping round that giant run when I next see them:thumbup:.

3. Paws&Claws

Paws&Claws PetForums VIP

Im hoping so too :eek: Bebe is a very lovely thing and Hunny is so nice with her, but Sunny gets all silly sometimes and tries to scratch her :( I have a spray bottle too, incase theres a bit of a naughty moment :eek:

Any tips are welcome! xx

4. thedogsmother

Are they neutered? I know Sarah had to have hers done before she bonded them.

5. Paws&Claws

Paws&Claws PetForums VIP

All bunnies have been neutered for over a year and a half now, so its a good time to do it :thumbup: x

6. K1nS

K1nS PetForums Senior

Good luck hun! I can't wait to see how they get on :thumbup:

7. Paws&Claws

Paws&Claws PetForums VIP

Thank you :eek: x

8. srhdufe

srhdufe PetForums VIP

I thought my ears were burning :lol:

Good luck hun x

Cant wait to see piccies. If you need any help, just shout ;) :lol:

9. Paws&Claws

Paws&Claws PetForums VIP

Ta, ive just got some better grooming wipes for small animals at pets at home :thumbup: x

10. thedogsmother

:eek:Did you pay for them?:lol:.

11. Paws&Claws

Paws&Claws PetForums VIP

;) :lol:

Of course i did! haha x

12. Paws&Claws

Paws&Claws PetForums VIP

Less then 12 hours! Feeling nervous about putting them together for the first time! Scared of the fighting :( x

13. srhdufe

srhdufe PetForums VIP

Those grooming wipes smell lovely (silver packet??)
    They are great. I use them mainly for Jacob as he likes to go and sit in his litter tray and his feet get soaked in pee :rolleyes:

14. Paws&Claws

Paws&Claws PetForums VIP

Day 1

Hi everyone! Well i groomed bebe which took me a little longer then usual as she had decided to sit in her litter tray :rolleyes: I rubbed all of them with a grooming wipe and made sure they all didnt smell :eek:

I prepared the cage:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

After a groom i put them together :)
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

We have had a couple of scuff but only minor, bit of scratching seems to be the only thing they are doing. Theyve been together for about an hour now and are starting the relax.

One thing i have noticed is that bebe and hunny keep touching noses together and lowering there heads, nothing ever seems to happen between them but i just wondered what it was :eek:

Sunny is being the bugger and starting most the scruffs and bebe is sticking up for herself, however hunny seems to be happy with both of them. Sunny has been grooming hunny but i havent seen anyone grooming bebe yet :eek:

Hunny and bebe are sat close together at the moment and sunny is sat sulking at the other end of the cage :lol:

So far id say we are going well :thumbup: x

15. thedogsmother

Awwww how cute do they look together, they are probably thinking that they prefer their hutches to that cage though:D

16. Paws&Claws

Paws&Claws PetForums VIP

We have lots of digging going on too :confused: x

17. Paws&Claws

Paws&Claws PetForums VIP

Still doing okay, couple of scratches now and again but nothing major. Starting to calm down though and beginning to lay down :eek:

Im giving them a quick squirt of water with the spray bottle and a firm 'NO' when they do something naughty and they seperate and sulk for a minute :lol: Bebe is making herself comfy though and is rolling over and taking naps so i think shes doing very well to say shes not had a friend for about 4 years x

18. frags

frags PetForums VIP

Sounds like its going well, just relax and enjoy as its not as hard as we think lol i was crapping myself before id bonded woody n jessie but it was so easy.

19. Paws&Claws

Paws&Claws PetForums VIP

Thank you :eek:
    They just seem to scratch each other if they have a scuff, theres been no fighting or pulling of fur and they seem to be getting tired now so they are starting to lay down more.

We are taking shifts at the moment :eek: ive been watching them since 11am and my sister is now going to watch them for abit while i get a drink and take the dogs out etc :lol:

Any advise is welcome :) x

20. frags

frags PetForums VIP

Wrong person to ask lol only ever bonded 1 set with advise from everyone here ;) like i say just relax im sure it will be fine x

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice