Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Bump in dog's tummy (Possible cyst)

Discussion in 'Dog Health and Nutrition' started by a-novac, Nov 16, 2019.

1. a-novac

a-novac PetForums Newbie

About a week ago, I noticed my dog had a little bump in his tummy, it looked like a sack full of liquid, I didn't worry too much since I have another dog who usually gets bumps in her body due to her age.
    A few days later, my dog started licking and touching the bump in his tummy and I noticed it started bleeding just a little bit, kind of like when you scratch your skin too much and I thought of letting it heal naturally.
    A few days ago, I checked on him and noticed the bump is gone but now there's a wound in that same spot, it's not bleeding but I can see his flesh, the spot has no skin! (see image)
    I took him to the vet yesterday and he said if it was a normal wound it would've started healing by now, and said it could be a cyst. He told me to keep the area clean and gave me some ointment, and he'll check on my dog in a couple of days before taking a sample of the skin to the lab.
    I want to have a other opinion since I'm worried that this thing can be transferred to my other dog!

Has anyone seen anything like this? Could it be a cyst or a tumor?

Attached Files:

2. a-novac

a-novac PetForums Newbie

Here are some better quality pictures. The vet said it's not infected, there's no blood or pus and I'm following the vet recommendations.

Attached Files:

3. Engel98

Engel98 PetForums Senior

With growths you can never tell for sure just by looking at it.

Because it's quite circular almost button shaped it could be a histiocytoma which are a benign growth often found in young dogs typically 3 years and younger but can happen at any age.

Only way to know for sure is biopsy. Although histiocytomas have a tendency to grow for about 2-3 months then disappearing

4. Blitz

Blitz PetForums VIP

Looks a bit sore but the only person that can tell you what is wrong is the vet after taking a biopsy.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice