Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

bullying

Discussion in 'Rabbits' started by emzybabe, Jun 5, 2010.

1. emzybabe

emzybabe PetForums VIP

Since bonding Miffy and George she had a 2 week spell where she went off her food and I had to syringe feed her. I put this down to stress and a heavy moult. Having been keeping a close eye on them i notice that even when i give them the same veg treats gerorge will run off with his and then take Miffys too. It has got to the poiint where she now doesnt seem interested in eating out of the same bowel or the one next to him, yet i know she loves her pellets.

The other night I fed her first while i washed Georges eye and groomed him, she ate twice the amount i would normally feed her.

I'm really worried that shes down in the dumps and fed up with him, he pesters her for humpage a bit but not too much but i never see them layed out together or grooming eachother. I really dont know how to fix this. :confused:

Ive been very busy with the move and not spent a lot of time with them and think she must miss me too as she was a house rabbit for 3 years.

2. hazyreality

hazyreality PetForums VIP

They are outside now arn't they? It think it could just be that she is sulking, because she is used to the attention in the house. I would proberly bring her into the house on her own for 15mins, so she has time away from George and time with her mummy. When she is with you, you can feed her some of her favourite foods or just some pellets so you know she is getting some food :) Maybe then bring George in aswell for a bit so she realises that he's not the reason she's not getting attention because she gets it with him around aswell.

With my Frenchies at the moment, I am putting a bowl on the shelf and putting them up there(they can get down lol) because the other 4 are pigs and I worry they are going to push them out of the way, and being babies they need more food!

I think she will settle and get used to it, its just a bit of a shock for her at the mo.

*Heidi*

3. emzybabe

emzybabe PetForums VIP

thanks for the reply heidi, they dont seem any better but i did see Miffy fight back the other day.

I think it might be down to having to move the run every day so they dont eat my landladys grass bare, something to do with messing up their terrirories.

I wonder if another super friendly bunny is the way to sort this ;)

4. hazyreality

hazyreality PetForums VIP

They are properly just having a "I'm boss" "no your not, I am" time lately :p mine go thru stages lol

Another bun may be the way to go lmao, or another 2 maybe :p

*Heidi*

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice