Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Bullying Blackmoor :(

Discussion in 'Fish Keeping Chat' started by cherrrypink6, Feb 5, 2019.

1. cherrrypink6

cherrrypink6 PetForums Newbie

On Sunday I purchased two blackmoors for my new 120L tank, they’re the first fish in there and I wanted them to be able to grow and have lots of room. Now as the shop didn’t have too much size variety, I ended up with one larger and one smaller. Theyre still quite young so I can only tell the gender of the larger one and not the smaller. This morning when I went to feed them (I make sure to watch them finish eating so I know it’s the right amount and no odd behaviour occurs) I noticed that the larger one was pushing into the side of the smaller one while he was eating. When they aren’t eating usually they leave each other alone, but I’m worried that this behaviour will cause the younger one to starve or get sick. Any advice?

2. LinznMilly

LinznMilly Moderator
    Staff Member

Hi. Welcome to the forum.

If it's just at feeding time, there are a couple of things you can do.

1) Feed the smaller fish with a Turkey baster. In time you should be able to hand-feed.

2) Split feed. Feed the larger, bullying fish in the same spot, then, while s/he distracted, feed the other at a separate part of the tank.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice